Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 2:19 pm
Kevin Kolb says Andre Roberts has been tearing it up in practice
It appears fans and media members may be the only ones not comfortable with Cardinals receivers who aren't named Larry Fitzgerald.
Usually it has been Ken Whisenhunt shrugging off the idea of adding another veteran to the group, but now the team's quarterback has chimed in as well.
Kolb, who has the task of completing passes to said receivers, tweeted, "Our Z receiver, [Andre Roberts], has been tearing it up in practice. Get to know him this year."
Cardinals fans and opponents likely will get to know the second-year pro, as he will have ample opportunity to make plays with all the attention defenses will give Larry Fitzgerald.
Roberts stepped up as a reliable target during the latter part of his rookie campaign, tallying nine catches for 133 yards and one touchdown over the team's final two games. Not only did he prove that he could play in the NFL, but he made Steve Breaston a luxury the Cardinals didn't feel was worth keeping around.
So while many may be unsure of Roberts' ability to handle the pressure and responsibility, no one in Cardinals camp appears to share a similar view.
And really, they are the ones who matter most.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.