Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 2:19 pm
Kevin Kolb says Andre Roberts has been tearing it up in practice
It appears fans and media members may be the only ones not comfortable with Cardinals receivers who aren't named Larry Fitzgerald.
Usually it has been Ken Whisenhunt shrugging off the idea of adding another veteran to the group, but now the team's quarterback has chimed in as well.
Kolb, who has the task of completing passes to said receivers, tweeted, "Our Z receiver, [Andre Roberts], has been tearing it up in practice. Get to know him this year."
Cardinals fans and opponents likely will get to know the second-year pro, as he will have ample opportunity to make plays with all the attention defenses will give Larry Fitzgerald.
Roberts stepped up as a reliable target during the latter part of his rookie campaign, tallying nine catches for 133 yards and one touchdown over the team's final two games. Not only did he prove that he could play in the NFL, but he made Steve Breaston a luxury the Cardinals didn't feel was worth keeping around.
So while many may be unsure of Roberts' ability to handle the pressure and responsibility, no one in Cardinals camp appears to share a similar view.
And really, they are the ones who matter most.
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.