Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 2:19 pm
Kevin Kolb says Andre Roberts has been tearing it up in practice
It appears fans and media members may be the only ones not comfortable with Cardinals receivers who aren't named Larry Fitzgerald.
Usually it has been Ken Whisenhunt shrugging off the idea of adding another veteran to the group, but now the team's quarterback has chimed in as well.
Kolb, who has the task of completing passes to said receivers, tweeted, "Our Z receiver, [Andre Roberts], has been tearing it up in practice. Get to know him this year."
Cardinals fans and opponents likely will get to know the second-year pro, as he will have ample opportunity to make plays with all the attention defenses will give Larry Fitzgerald.
Roberts stepped up as a reliable target during the latter part of his rookie campaign, tallying nine catches for 133 yards and one touchdown over the team's final two games. Not only did he prove that he could play in the NFL, but he made Steve Breaston a luxury the Cardinals didn't feel was worth keeping around.
So while many may be unsure of Roberts' ability to handle the pressure and responsibility, no one in Cardinals camp appears to share a similar view.
And really, they are the ones who matter most.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.