Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 2:19 pm
Kevin Kolb says Andre Roberts has been tearing it up in practice
It appears fans and media members may be the only ones not comfortable with Cardinals receivers who aren't named Larry Fitzgerald.
Usually it has been Ken Whisenhunt shrugging off the idea of adding another veteran to the group, but now the team's quarterback has chimed in as well.
Kolb, who has the task of completing passes to said receivers, tweeted, "Our Z receiver, [Andre Roberts], has been tearing it up in practice. Get to know him this year."
Cardinals fans and opponents likely will get to know the second-year pro, as he will have ample opportunity to make plays with all the attention defenses will give Larry Fitzgerald.
Roberts stepped up as a reliable target during the latter part of his rookie campaign, tallying nine catches for 133 yards and one touchdown over the team's final two games. Not only did he prove that he could play in the NFL, but he made Steve Breaston a luxury the Cardinals didn't feel was worth keeping around.
So while many may be unsure of Roberts' ability to handle the pressure and responsibility, no one in Cardinals camp appears to share a similar view.
And really, they are the ones who matter most.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines