Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 2:19 pm
Kevin Kolb says Andre Roberts has been tearing it up in practice
It appears fans and media members may be the only ones not comfortable with Cardinals receivers who aren't named Larry Fitzgerald.
Usually it has been Ken Whisenhunt shrugging off the idea of adding another veteran to the group, but now the team's quarterback has chimed in as well.
Kolb, who has the task of completing passes to said receivers, tweeted, "Our Z receiver, [Andre Roberts], has been tearing it up in practice. Get to know him this year."
Cardinals fans and opponents likely will get to know the second-year pro, as he will have ample opportunity to make plays with all the attention defenses will give Larry Fitzgerald.
Roberts stepped up as a reliable target during the latter part of his rookie campaign, tallying nine catches for 133 yards and one touchdown over the team's final two games. Not only did he prove that he could play in the NFL, but he made Steve Breaston a luxury the Cardinals didn't feel was worth keeping around.
So while many may be unsure of Roberts' ability to handle the pressure and responsibility, no one in Cardinals camp appears to share a similar view.
And really, they are the ones who matter most.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.