Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 5:06 pm
Packers are a good team, test for Arizona Cardinals
There are preseason games, and there are preseason games.
The Arizona Cardinals, winners of their first exhibition game of the season last week, will face a stiff test Friday when they head to Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers.
You know, the Super Bowl champion Packers.
"The atmosphere of this game, on the road, against a good football team," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said of what he expects. "It's a great way to evaluate our football team."
Of course, Whisenhunt's "evaluation" may differ from what fans and media members can do.
The coach will be looking to see if his players are learning the system, making the right reads and running plays correctly, while fans would likely be happy to just see the first team offense score some points.
No matter what happens Friday, the important thing is to remember that the game does not count for anything other than practice.
ArizonaSports.com's Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.