Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 5:06 pm
Packers are a good team, test for Arizona Cardinals
There are preseason games, and there are preseason games.
The Arizona Cardinals, winners of their first exhibition game of the season last week, will face a stiff test Friday when they head to Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers.
You know, the Super Bowl champion Packers.
"The atmosphere of this game, on the road, against a good football team," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said of what he expects. "It's a great way to evaluate our football team."
Of course, Whisenhunt's "evaluation" may differ from what fans and media members can do.
The coach will be looking to see if his players are learning the system, making the right reads and running plays correctly, while fans would likely be happy to just see the first team offense score some points.
No matter what happens Friday, the important thing is to remember that the game does not count for anything other than practice.
ArizonaSports.com's Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?