Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 5:06 pm
Packers are a good team, test for Arizona Cardinals
There are preseason games, and there are preseason games.
The Arizona Cardinals, winners of their first exhibition game of the season last week, will face a stiff test Friday when they head to Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers.
You know, the Super Bowl champion Packers.
"The atmosphere of this game, on the road, against a good football team," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said of what he expects. "It's a great way to evaluate our football team."
Of course, Whisenhunt's "evaluation" may differ from what fans and media members can do.
The coach will be looking to see if his players are learning the system, making the right reads and running plays correctly, while fans would likely be happy to just see the first team offense score some points.
No matter what happens Friday, the important thing is to remember that the game does not count for anything other than practice.
ArizonaSports.com's Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.