Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 5:06 pm
Packers are a good team, test for Arizona Cardinals
There are preseason games, and there are preseason games.
The Arizona Cardinals, winners of their first exhibition game of the season last week, will face a stiff test Friday when they head to Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers.
You know, the Super Bowl champion Packers.
"The atmosphere of this game, on the road, against a good football team," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said of what he expects. "It's a great way to evaluate our football team."
Of course, Whisenhunt's "evaluation" may differ from what fans and media members can do.
The coach will be looking to see if his players are learning the system, making the right reads and running plays correctly, while fans would likely be happy to just see the first team offense score some points.
No matter what happens Friday, the important thing is to remember that the game does not count for anything other than practice.
ArizonaSports.com's Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.