Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 5:06 pm
Packers are a good team, test for Arizona Cardinals
There are preseason games, and there are preseason games.
The Arizona Cardinals, winners of their first exhibition game of the season last week, will face a stiff test Friday when they head to Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers.
You know, the Super Bowl champion Packers.
"The atmosphere of this game, on the road, against a good football team," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said of what he expects. "It's a great way to evaluate our football team."
Of course, Whisenhunt's "evaluation" may differ from what fans and media members can do.
The coach will be looking to see if his players are learning the system, making the right reads and running plays correctly, while fans would likely be happy to just see the first team offense score some points.
No matter what happens Friday, the important thing is to remember that the game does not count for anything other than practice.
ArizonaSports.com's Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.