Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 3:05 pm
Whisenhunt expects Kolb to see more playing time against Green Bay
PHOENIX - As the Arizona Cardinals head to Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers on Friday, coach Ken Whisenhunt is expecting quarterback Kevin Kolb to get an increase in playing time.
"He'll play a little bit more than he did last week but I don't know how much more, so into the second quarter potentially," said Whisenhunt after practice on Wednesday.
Kolb played the entire first quarter but only two drives during the team's first preseason game against the Oakland Raiders.
The Cardinals quarterback was 4-7 for 68 yards passing with 19 rushing yards in his first appearance with the team.
Kolb is hoping the offense can continue to improve on getting comfortable with each other and eliminating stupid mistakes.
"The biggest thing for us as a complete unit is not having those mental errors that we had in game one. Wasted plays can't happen in the NFL, so that's what our main focus is," said Kolb.
The toughest obstacle for Kolb is coming together with the offensive line.
"The biggest key is trust and I have no issue right now with the trust. Everybody gets beat. It's just a matter of how you respond. So us as a collective group will try to make sure that we respond in the right way and keep gelling," said Kolb.
Even though it's only the preseason, Kolb believes the Cardinals can learn from Friday's game against the Packers.
"Obviously that's where we want to be. We want to be the Super Bowl champs so let's go test it and see what happens. It's not going to tell us where we're at, but it can point us in the direction of where we might be going," said Kolb.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.