Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 3:05 pm
Whisenhunt expects Kolb to see more playing time against Green Bay
PHOENIX - As the Arizona Cardinals head to Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers on Friday, coach Ken Whisenhunt is expecting quarterback Kevin Kolb to get an increase in playing time.
"He'll play a little bit more than he did last week but I don't know how much more, so into the second quarter potentially," said Whisenhunt after practice on Wednesday.
Kolb played the entire first quarter but only two drives during the team's first preseason game against the Oakland Raiders.
The Cardinals quarterback was 4-7 for 68 yards passing with 19 rushing yards in his first appearance with the team.
Kolb is hoping the offense can continue to improve on getting comfortable with each other and eliminating stupid mistakes.
"The biggest thing for us as a complete unit is not having those mental errors that we had in game one. Wasted plays can't happen in the NFL, so that's what our main focus is," said Kolb.
The toughest obstacle for Kolb is coming together with the offensive line.
"The biggest key is trust and I have no issue right now with the trust. Everybody gets beat. It's just a matter of how you respond. So us as a collective group will try to make sure that we respond in the right way and keep gelling," said Kolb.
Even though it's only the preseason, Kolb believes the Cardinals can learn from Friday's game against the Packers.
"Obviously that's where we want to be. We want to be the Super Bowl champs so let's go test it and see what happens. It's not going to tell us where we're at, but it can point us in the direction of where we might be going," said Kolb.
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.