Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 3:05 pm
Whisenhunt expects Kolb to see more playing time against Green Bay
PHOENIX - As the Arizona Cardinals head to Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers on Friday, coach Ken Whisenhunt is expecting quarterback Kevin Kolb to get an increase in playing time.
"He'll play a little bit more than he did last week but I don't know how much more, so into the second quarter potentially," said Whisenhunt after practice on Wednesday.
Kolb played the entire first quarter but only two drives during the team's first preseason game against the Oakland Raiders.
The Cardinals quarterback was 4-7 for 68 yards passing with 19 rushing yards in his first appearance with the team.
Kolb is hoping the offense can continue to improve on getting comfortable with each other and eliminating stupid mistakes.
"The biggest thing for us as a complete unit is not having those mental errors that we had in game one. Wasted plays can't happen in the NFL, so that's what our main focus is," said Kolb.
The toughest obstacle for Kolb is coming together with the offensive line.
"The biggest key is trust and I have no issue right now with the trust. Everybody gets beat. It's just a matter of how you respond. So us as a collective group will try to make sure that we respond in the right way and keep gelling," said Kolb.
Even though it's only the preseason, Kolb believes the Cardinals can learn from Friday's game against the Packers.
"Obviously that's where we want to be. We want to be the Super Bowl champs so let's go test it and see what happens. It's not going to tell us where we're at, but it can point us in the direction of where we might be going," said Kolb.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b