Whisenhunt expects Kolb to see more playing time against Green Bay
PHOENIX - As the Arizona Cardinals head to Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers on Friday, coach Ken Whisenhunt is expecting quarterback Kevin Kolb to get an increase in playing time.
"He'll play a little bit more than he did last week but I don't know how much more, so into the second quarter potentially," said Whisenhunt after practice on Wednesday.
Kolb played the entire first quarter but only two drives during the team's first preseason game against the Oakland Raiders.
The Cardinals quarterback was 4-7 for 68 yards passing with 19 rushing yards in his first appearance with the team.
Kolb is hoping the offense can continue to improve on getting comfortable with each other and eliminating stupid mistakes.
"The biggest thing for us as a complete unit is not having those mental errors that we had in game one. Wasted plays can't happen in the NFL, so that's what our main focus is," said Kolb.
The toughest obstacle for Kolb is coming together with the offensive line.
"The biggest key is trust and I have no issue right now with the trust. Everybody gets beat. It's just a matter of how you respond. So us as a collective group will try to make sure that we respond in the right way and keep gelling," said Kolb.
Even though it's only the preseason, Kolb believes the Cardinals can learn from Friday's game against the Packers.
"Obviously that's where we want to be. We want to be the Super Bowl champs so let's go test it and see what happens. It's not going to tell us where we're at, but it can point us in the direction of where we might be going," said Kolb.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.