Updated Aug 17, 2011 - 3:05 pm
Whisenhunt expects Kolb to see more playing time against Green Bay
PHOENIX - As the Arizona Cardinals head to Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers on Friday, coach Ken Whisenhunt is expecting quarterback Kevin Kolb to get an increase in playing time.
"He'll play a little bit more than he did last week but I don't know how much more, so into the second quarter potentially," said Whisenhunt after practice on Wednesday.
Kolb played the entire first quarter but only two drives during the team's first preseason game against the Oakland Raiders.
The Cardinals quarterback was 4-7 for 68 yards passing with 19 rushing yards in his first appearance with the team.
Kolb is hoping the offense can continue to improve on getting comfortable with each other and eliminating stupid mistakes.
"The biggest thing for us as a complete unit is not having those mental errors that we had in game one. Wasted plays can't happen in the NFL, so that's what our main focus is," said Kolb.
The toughest obstacle for Kolb is coming together with the offensive line.
"The biggest key is trust and I have no issue right now with the trust. Everybody gets beat. It's just a matter of how you respond. So us as a collective group will try to make sure that we respond in the right way and keep gelling," said Kolb.
Even though it's only the preseason, Kolb believes the Cardinals can learn from Friday's game against the Packers.
"Obviously that's where we want to be. We want to be the Super Bowl champs so let's go test it and see what happens. It's not going to tell us where we're at, but it can point us in the direction of where we might be going," said Kolb.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.