Which Cardinals to watch Friday in Green Bay
Preseason football doesn't count for much, so when the games are played it's tough to really determine who did well.
Especially because, as Cardinals insider Ron Wolfley said, veterans may not be playing as hard as they can.
"They go out and they just mentally don't, the intensity level is not there," he said. "It's really hard for me to evaluate any of these veterans that go out and play."
That's not to say you can't learn anything from exhibition games, as less-established rookies are out there looking to impress the coaches.
"The young guys, that's quite a bit different," Wolfley said. "That stuff matters."
Players like Patrick Peterson, Ryan Williams, A.J. Jefferson, Greg Toler, Brandon Keith and Daryl Washington are hoping to earn jobs, and thus can't afford to take it easy during the preseason.
So, fans should probably spend more time watching rookies like Ryan Williams and Patrick Peterson Friday instead of veterans Darnell Dockett and Kerry Rhodes, at least if they're hoping to really get an id
"Patrick Peterson is on my radar right now," Wolfley said. "I want to see him be physical in his tackling, I want to see him be physical at the line, I want to see him be a lot more aggressive."
That's something to watch for.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.