Updated Aug 22, 2011 - 9:53 am
Ryan Williams is a real loss for the Cardinals
When Ryan Williams went down with an injury Friday night in Green Bay, the excitement over what he could give the team this year went with him.
Williams suffered a ruptured patellar tendon, an injury that ended his season before it really began.
"All of us that have been around training camp have gotten to see what the special part of Ryan Williams," Cardinals Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt told Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf Monday. "Obviously he's very talented.
"Every time he's touched the ball in training camp it looks like he's going to make something explosive happen."
But that's not the only reason Williams' coaches and teammates were fond of the player.
Whisenhunt said the rookie was always asking questions and working hard, something that is nice to see from such a talented player.
"That's what building a team is all about, and getting guys like him on your team."
Only time will tell how Williams recovers, and he has a long and difficult rehab process ahead of him.
However, his work ethic and desire to succeed should help him through it, and when he returns the Cardinals may very well finally get a chance to see the former Virginia Tech star in games that count.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.