Updated Aug 22, 2011 - 9:53 am
Ryan Williams is a real loss for the Cardinals
When Ryan Williams went down with an injury Friday night in Green Bay, the excitement over what he could give the team this year went with him.
Williams suffered a ruptured patellar tendon, an injury that ended his season before it really began.
"All of us that have been around training camp have gotten to see what the special part of Ryan Williams," Cardinals Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt told Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf Monday. "Obviously he's very talented.
"Every time he's touched the ball in training camp it looks like he's going to make something explosive happen."
But that's not the only reason Williams' coaches and teammates were fond of the player.
Whisenhunt said the rookie was always asking questions and working hard, something that is nice to see from such a talented player.
"That's what building a team is all about, and getting guys like him on your team."
Only time will tell how Williams recovers, and he has a long and difficult rehab process ahead of him.
However, his work ethic and desire to succeed should help him through it, and when he returns the Cardinals may very well finally get a chance to see the former Virginia Tech star in games that count.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.