Updated Aug 26, 2011 - 3:51 pm
Arizona Cardinals defense adjusting on the fly
"We've got the grit of it," safety Kerry Rhodes told azcardinals.com's Darren Urban. "We've got the base stuff, and some of the exotic stuff. But we don't have everything in."
To be fair, everyone on the defense is still brand new to the system because the NFL lockout prevented coaches to have contact with their players. That left only one month for players to learn a new system before the regular season starts.
The Cardinals defensive players have had just over three weeks to learn Horton's system, and Rhodes believes they'll still be learning things up to the regular season opener.
"It's like a cram session," Rhodes said. "Cram for the test, and hopefully that first test against Carolina, we pass with flying colors."
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!