Updated Aug 26, 2011 - 3:51 pm
Arizona Cardinals defense adjusting on the fly
"We've got the grit of it," safety Kerry Rhodes told azcardinals.com's Darren Urban. "We've got the base stuff, and some of the exotic stuff. But we don't have everything in."
To be fair, everyone on the defense is still brand new to the system because the NFL lockout prevented coaches to have contact with their players. That left only one month for players to learn a new system before the regular season starts.
The Cardinals defensive players have had just over three weeks to learn Horton's system, and Rhodes believes they'll still be learning things up to the regular season opener.
"It's like a cram session," Rhodes said. "Cram for the test, and hopefully that first test against Carolina, we pass with flying colors."
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.