Arizona Cardinals defense adjusting on the fly
"We've got the grit of it," safety Kerry Rhodes told azcardinals.com's Darren Urban. "We've got the base stuff, and some of the exotic stuff. But we don't have everything in."
To be fair, everyone on the defense is still brand new to the system because the NFL lockout prevented coaches to have contact with their players. That left only one month for players to learn a new system before the regular season starts.
The Cardinals defensive players have had just over three weeks to learn Horton's system, and Rhodes believes they'll still be learning things up to the regular season opener.
"It's like a cram session," Rhodes said. "Cram for the test, and hopefully that first test against Carolina, we pass with flying colors."
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br