Updated Aug 26, 2011 - 3:51 pm
Arizona Cardinals defense adjusting on the fly
"We've got the grit of it," safety Kerry Rhodes told azcardinals.com's Darren Urban. "We've got the base stuff, and some of the exotic stuff. But we don't have everything in."
To be fair, everyone on the defense is still brand new to the system because the NFL lockout prevented coaches to have contact with their players. That left only one month for players to learn a new system before the regular season starts.
The Cardinals defensive players have had just over three weeks to learn Horton's system, and Rhodes believes they'll still be learning things up to the regular season opener.
"It's like a cram session," Rhodes said. "Cram for the test, and hopefully that first test against Carolina, we pass with flying colors."
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.