Updated Aug 26, 2011 - 3:51 pm
Arizona Cardinals defense adjusting on the fly
"We've got the grit of it," safety Kerry Rhodes told azcardinals.com's Darren Urban. "We've got the base stuff, and some of the exotic stuff. But we don't have everything in."
To be fair, everyone on the defense is still brand new to the system because the NFL lockout prevented coaches to have contact with their players. That left only one month for players to learn a new system before the regular season starts.
The Cardinals defensive players have had just over three weeks to learn Horton's system, and Rhodes believes they'll still be learning things up to the regular season opener.
"It's like a cram session," Rhodes said. "Cram for the test, and hopefully that first test against Carolina, we pass with flying colors."
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!