Defense may be Cardinals' biggest question mark
The Arizona Cardinals are making a lot of changes, with the most prominent being the one at quarterback.
And yes, while it is tough to integrate a new signal caller -- especially over the course of a truncated offseason -- the most difficult transformation the team faces may be on the defensive side of the ball.
The Cardinals are, after all, implementing an entirely new system with defensive coordinator Ray Horton. Cardinals play-by-play man Dave Pasch told Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf he will be focusing on that side of the ball Saturday night.
"I think the defense is a big question just because they haven't had a lot of time to implement and get used to the Ray Horton defense," Pasch said. "How much different is it going to be from what we saw under Bill Davis?
Pasch did say he was encouraged by what he saw last week, as the Cardinals harassed Packers QB Aaron Rodgers and, save for one drive, really did a solid job.
"I want to see more of that," Pasch said.
Pasch is certainly not alone in that wish, as a good defensive performance against another one of the leagues' top offenses would inspire quite a bit of confidence in what this team can accomplish.
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br