Updated Aug 26, 2011 - 10:07 am
Defense may be Cardinals' biggest question mark
The Arizona Cardinals are making a lot of changes, with the most prominent being the one at quarterback.
And yes, while it is tough to integrate a new signal caller -- especially over the course of a truncated offseason -- the most difficult transformation the team faces may be on the defensive side of the ball.
The Cardinals are, after all, implementing an entirely new system with defensive coordinator Ray Horton. Cardinals play-by-play man Dave Pasch told Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf he will be focusing on that side of the ball Saturday night.
"I think the defense is a big question just because they haven't had a lot of time to implement and get used to the Ray Horton defense," Pasch said. "How much different is it going to be from what we saw under Bill Davis?
Pasch did say he was encouraged by what he saw last week, as the Cardinals harassed Packers QB Aaron Rodgers and, save for one drive, really did a solid job.
"I want to see more of that," Pasch said.
Pasch is certainly not alone in that wish, as a good defensive performance against another one of the leagues' top offenses would inspire quite a bit of confidence in what this team can accomplish.
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- Eagles' CB on Arizona Cardinals: 'Let's not be crybabies'
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.