Updated Aug 26, 2011 - 10:07 am
Defense may be Cardinals' biggest question mark
The Arizona Cardinals are making a lot of changes, with the most prominent being the one at quarterback.
And yes, while it is tough to integrate a new signal caller -- especially over the course of a truncated offseason -- the most difficult transformation the team faces may be on the defensive side of the ball.
The Cardinals are, after all, implementing an entirely new system with defensive coordinator Ray Horton. Cardinals play-by-play man Dave Pasch told Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf he will be focusing on that side of the ball Saturday night.
"I think the defense is a big question just because they haven't had a lot of time to implement and get used to the Ray Horton defense," Pasch said. "How much different is it going to be from what we saw under Bill Davis?
Pasch did say he was encouraged by what he saw last week, as the Cardinals harassed Packers QB Aaron Rodgers and, save for one drive, really did a solid job.
"I want to see more of that," Pasch said.
Pasch is certainly not alone in that wish, as a good defensive performance against another one of the leagues' top offenses would inspire quite a bit of confidence in what this team can accomplish.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.