Updated Aug 29, 2011 - 11:29 am
Arizona Cardinals DB Greg Toler out for the season
The Arizona Cardinals have lost cornerback Greg Toler to a torn ACL, an injury suffered in Saturday's preseason loss to the Chargers. He has been placed on injured reserve.
CB Greg Toler has a torn left ACL. Going to IR, out for the season.
Toler, who will miss the 2011 season, suffered the injury without being hit.
The good news is the Cardinals' DB depth isn't bad, with Richard Marshall, AJ Jefferson and Patrick Peterson likely being the top three to open the season.
However, the Cardinals are certainly worse Monday than they were Friday, and for the second consecutive week are left needing to replace a player who figured to play a big role in the season.
After all, Toler was definitely a player on the rise. He posted 90 tackles last season and picked off two passes, one of which he returned for a touchdown.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.