Arizona Cardinals DB Greg Toler out for the season
The Arizona Cardinals have lost cornerback Greg Toler to a torn ACL, an injury suffered in Saturday's preseason loss to the Chargers. He has been placed on injured reserve.
CB Greg Toler has a torn left ACL. Going to IR, out for the season.
Toler, who will miss the 2011 season, suffered the injury without being hit.
The good news is the Cardinals' DB depth isn't bad, with Richard Marshall, AJ Jefferson and Patrick Peterson likely being the top three to open the season.
However, the Cardinals are certainly worse Monday than they were Friday, and for the second consecutive week are left needing to replace a player who figured to play a big role in the season.
After all, Toler was definitely a player on the rise. He posted 90 tackles last season and picked off two passes, one of which he returned for a touchdown.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.