Updated Aug 29, 2011 - 11:29 am
Arizona Cardinals DB Greg Toler out for the season
The Arizona Cardinals have lost cornerback Greg Toler to a torn ACL, an injury suffered in Saturday's preseason loss to the Chargers. He has been placed on injured reserve.
CB Greg Toler has a torn left ACL. Going to IR, out for the season.
Toler, who will miss the 2011 season, suffered the injury without being hit.
The good news is the Cardinals' DB depth isn't bad, with Richard Marshall, AJ Jefferson and Patrick Peterson likely being the top three to open the season.
However, the Cardinals are certainly worse Monday than they were Friday, and for the second consecutive week are left needing to replace a player who figured to play a big role in the season.
After all, Toler was definitely a player on the rise. He posted 90 tackles last season and picked off two passes, one of which he returned for a touchdown.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.