Updated Aug 29, 2011 - 11:29 am
Arizona Cardinals DB Greg Toler out for the season
The Arizona Cardinals have lost cornerback Greg Toler to a torn ACL, an injury suffered in Saturday's preseason loss to the Chargers. He has been placed on injured reserve.
CB Greg Toler has a torn left ACL. Going to IR, out for the season.
Toler, who will miss the 2011 season, suffered the injury without being hit.
The good news is the Cardinals' DB depth isn't bad, with Richard Marshall, AJ Jefferson and Patrick Peterson likely being the top three to open the season.
However, the Cardinals are certainly worse Monday than they were Friday, and for the second consecutive week are left needing to replace a player who figured to play a big role in the season.
After all, Toler was definitely a player on the rise. He posted 90 tackles last season and picked off two passes, one of which he returned for a touchdown.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.