Updated Aug 29, 2011 - 2:31 pm
Cardinals QB Kolb ready to face Carolina Panthers
The Cardinals open up at home against the Carolina Panthers on September 11, and Kolb has begun the process of reviewing game film.
"I've watched a couple of games on my own, but not in detail," Kolb said. "I've learned in years past that sometimes when you watch to much film you over-think some things when you get on the field. I want to find that right balance between being prepared and doing what I do best."
Kolb completed 11 of 20 pass attempts for 205 yards against the San Diego Chargers, numbers that include one long 80-yard TD pass to wideout Larry Fitzgerald. The QB was encouraged by his play, but knows it's only the preseason.
"It's encouraging to see where we're at," Kolb said. "The key is that nobody settles and I know we won't because we got the right guys, the right mindset and we're hungry to win but we haven't done anything yet."
Although he had a strong performance, Kolb knows it was far from perfect.
"We're making the big plays and that's the encouraging thing," Kolb said. "But we have to clean it up which has been the same thing every week and I think we're progressively getting there. The crazy thing is that its just us."
After the season opener against Carolina the team travels to play the Washing Redskins, meaning the Cardinals' first two games will be against teams who combined for eight wins last season. This could be seen as a favorable start to the season for the Cards, but Kolb doesn't care who the team beats as long as they're winning games.
"It'd be nice to get off to a good start," Kolb said. "But again, once you're around enough you understand that every NFL team is an NFL team. They're all good, they can beat you on any given day so we have to make sure we are ready to go from the word go."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!