Updated Aug 29, 2011 - 9:25 am
Chester Taylor to be released, possible fit for Cardinals?
In need of a running back once Ryan Williams was lost for the season, coach Ken Whisenhunt said the team would be patient in their search for a replacement.
Perhaps the time has come to make a move.
A report by the Chicago Sun-Times says the Bears will be parting ways with veteran Chester Taylor, someone the Cards could have interest in.
A 31-year-old veteran, Taylor has spent time in Baltimore, Minnesota and Chicago, tallying 4,663 yards and 25 touchdowns on the ground. Taylor is also a capable receiver, meaning he could play on third downs as well.
Sure, he's coming off a season where he averaged just 2.4 yards per carry, but truth be told the Cardinals will not be adding a star at this point in the season. Fans will have to get used to the idea that the team will not be adding a flashy name right now, but instead someone who they feel can contribute when called upon.
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b