Updated Aug 29, 2011 - 9:25 am
Chester Taylor to be released, possible fit for Cardinals?
In need of a running back once Ryan Williams was lost for the season, coach Ken Whisenhunt said the team would be patient in their search for a replacement.
Perhaps the time has come to make a move.
A report by the Chicago Sun-Times says the Bears will be parting ways with veteran Chester Taylor, someone the Cards could have interest in.
A 31-year-old veteran, Taylor has spent time in Baltimore, Minnesota and Chicago, tallying 4,663 yards and 25 touchdowns on the ground. Taylor is also a capable receiver, meaning he could play on third downs as well.
Sure, he's coming off a season where he averaged just 2.4 yards per carry, but truth be told the Cardinals will not be adding a star at this point in the season. Fans will have to get used to the idea that the team will not be adding a flashy name right now, but instead someone who they feel can contribute when called upon.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.