Chester Taylor to be released, possible fit for Cardinals?
In need of a running back once Ryan Williams was lost for the season, coach Ken Whisenhunt said the team would be patient in their search for a replacement.
Perhaps the time has come to make a move.
A report by the Chicago Sun-Times says the Bears will be parting ways with veteran Chester Taylor, someone the Cards could have interest in.
A 31-year-old veteran, Taylor has spent time in Baltimore, Minnesota and Chicago, tallying 4,663 yards and 25 touchdowns on the ground. Taylor is also a capable receiver, meaning he could play on third downs as well.
Sure, he's coming off a season where he averaged just 2.4 yards per carry, but truth be told the Cardinals will not be adding a star at this point in the season. Fans will have to get used to the idea that the team will not be adding a flashy name right now, but instead someone who they feel can contribute when called upon.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.