Daryl Johnston on Kolb and NFC West champs
"I'm a Kevin Kolb fan," Johnston said to Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf on Monday. "I just like him, he's mentally tough and has all the intangibles you would want. I thought it was a very good pick up for Arizona."
Johnston believes the move will benefit wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald most.
"You had to do something for Larry," Johnston said. "He's too dynamic of a player not to have somebody under center that's going to give him the opportunity to be as productive as he can be."
With the addition of Kolb the Cardinals have become legitimate contenders for the title in a division Johnston thinks is any team's to take.
"Well I see a division that is really up for grabs," Johnston said. "San Francisco is in a huge state of transition right now and Pete Carroll is in year two of his transition and then you got Steve Spagnuolo who's only been there four years in St. Louis. So everybody is relatively young."
The key, according to Johnston, will be if the Cardinals will be able to establish consistency. If not, Johnston sees the greatest threat to the Cardinals will come from the St. Louis Rams, with second year QB Sam Bradford and a strong defense leading the way.
"I think it's a question of how quickly does Kevin Kolb gel with everything out there calling the plays," Johnston said, "but I think it's going to come down to those two teams at the end of the year."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.