Updated Aug 30, 2011 - 4:03 pm
Steeler McFadden is type of corner Cardinals would choose from
Bryant McFadden, who played for Arizona in 2009, may be on his way out of Pittsburgh. Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns thinks he could wind up back in the Valley. Or, if not McFadden, someone of a similar skill-set.
"Do you really think you're going to find somebody good getting cut by another team at the cornerback position," he asked. "It's going to be guys like that, it's going to be guys like Bryant McFadden that you're looking at."
That's not a good thing if you're the Arizona Cardinals.
McFadden, 30, appeared to be a solid pickup for the Cardinals a couple years ago, but then the games started.
The corner finished the year with 69 tackles and zero interceptions, and had a knack for being in position to make a play but failing to do so.
The problem is if the Cardinals are looking for help, a guy like McFadden is probably the best they're going to do at this point in the season.
"I hope Cardinal fans are prepared for that, because that is the caliber of player that is going to be available if they're looking to add a cornerback," Burns said.
In that case, the best addition may be no addition at all, according to Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro.
"Richard Marshall is better than anything else that's going to be out there, that's going to be cut, and so is Patrick Peterson, and so is A.J. Jefferson," he said. "I doubt there's a guy out there that they could bring in that could break their top three right now."
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b