Updated Aug 30, 2011 - 4:03 pm
Steeler McFadden is type of corner Cardinals would choose from
Bryant McFadden, who played for Arizona in 2009, may be on his way out of Pittsburgh. Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns thinks he could wind up back in the Valley. Or, if not McFadden, someone of a similar skill-set.
"Do you really think you're going to find somebody good getting cut by another team at the cornerback position," he asked. "It's going to be guys like that, it's going to be guys like Bryant McFadden that you're looking at."
That's not a good thing if you're the Arizona Cardinals.
McFadden, 30, appeared to be a solid pickup for the Cardinals a couple years ago, but then the games started.
The corner finished the year with 69 tackles and zero interceptions, and had a knack for being in position to make a play but failing to do so.
The problem is if the Cardinals are looking for help, a guy like McFadden is probably the best they're going to do at this point in the season.
"I hope Cardinal fans are prepared for that, because that is the caliber of player that is going to be available if they're looking to add a cornerback," Burns said.
In that case, the best addition may be no addition at all, according to Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro.
"Richard Marshall is better than anything else that's going to be out there, that's going to be cut, and so is Patrick Peterson, and so is A.J. Jefferson," he said. "I doubt there's a guy out there that they could bring in that could break their top three right now."
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.