Updated Aug 30, 2011 - 4:03 pm
Steeler McFadden is type of corner Cardinals would choose from
Bryant McFadden, who played for Arizona in 2009, may be on his way out of Pittsburgh. Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns thinks he could wind up back in the Valley. Or, if not McFadden, someone of a similar skill-set.
"Do you really think you're going to find somebody good getting cut by another team at the cornerback position," he asked. "It's going to be guys like that, it's going to be guys like Bryant McFadden that you're looking at."
That's not a good thing if you're the Arizona Cardinals.
McFadden, 30, appeared to be a solid pickup for the Cardinals a couple years ago, but then the games started.
The corner finished the year with 69 tackles and zero interceptions, and had a knack for being in position to make a play but failing to do so.
The problem is if the Cardinals are looking for help, a guy like McFadden is probably the best they're going to do at this point in the season.
"I hope Cardinal fans are prepared for that, because that is the caliber of player that is going to be available if they're looking to add a cornerback," Burns said.
In that case, the best addition may be no addition at all, according to Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro.
"Richard Marshall is better than anything else that's going to be out there, that's going to be cut, and so is Patrick Peterson, and so is A.J. Jefferson," he said. "I doubt there's a guy out there that they could bring in that could break their top three right now."
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.