Updated Aug 30, 2011 - 4:03 pm
Steeler McFadden is type of corner Cardinals would choose from
Bryant McFadden, who played for Arizona in 2009, may be on his way out of Pittsburgh. Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns thinks he could wind up back in the Valley. Or, if not McFadden, someone of a similar skill-set.
"Do you really think you're going to find somebody good getting cut by another team at the cornerback position," he asked. "It's going to be guys like that, it's going to be guys like Bryant McFadden that you're looking at."
That's not a good thing if you're the Arizona Cardinals.
McFadden, 30, appeared to be a solid pickup for the Cardinals a couple years ago, but then the games started.
The corner finished the year with 69 tackles and zero interceptions, and had a knack for being in position to make a play but failing to do so.
The problem is if the Cardinals are looking for help, a guy like McFadden is probably the best they're going to do at this point in the season.
"I hope Cardinal fans are prepared for that, because that is the caliber of player that is going to be available if they're looking to add a cornerback," Burns said.
In that case, the best addition may be no addition at all, according to Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro.
"Richard Marshall is better than anything else that's going to be out there, that's going to be cut, and so is Patrick Peterson, and so is A.J. Jefferson," he said. "I doubt there's a guy out there that they could bring in that could break their top three right now."
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.