Updated Sep 3, 2011 - 1:54 pm
Chester Taylor, Brandon Tate cuts could benefit Arizona Cardinals
NFL roster cuts are on-going and there are two available players that could benefit the Arizona Cardinals.
Former Chicago Bears running back Chester Taylor was cut by the Bears, according to his agent. The Cardinals need a running back, Taylor needs a team -- a match made in football heaven?
The Cards looks to be set on Beanie Wells as their number one running back, but Taylor's pass blocking and third down running ability would be a good fit for a team who is now a running back short after the season-ending injury to rookie Ryan Williams.
Taylor may also be eager to take a short-term contract for less pay in order to get reps. After all, the 32-year-old Taylor isn't getting any younger.
While the Cardinals may be enjoying solid competition at the wide receiver position, they still do not have a true number two. Brandon Tate may be the solution to that problem.
The former New England Patriots wide receiver was cut Saturday and the Cards would do well to at lease give his agent a phone call. While Tate is not a fantasy draft's dream, his consistent catches for high yardage could make him enough of a threat to draw attention away from Larry Fitzgerald.
While Taylor and Tate are obviously not the only choices available to the Cards, they are two players who would fit well in the desert, so long as they would accept a back-up and number two role, respectively.
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Being first is an important step for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.