Updated Sep 3, 2011 - 1:54 pm
Chester Taylor, Brandon Tate cuts could benefit Arizona Cardinals
NFL roster cuts are on-going and there are two available players that could benefit the Arizona Cardinals.
Former Chicago Bears running back Chester Taylor was cut by the Bears, according to his agent. The Cardinals need a running back, Taylor needs a team -- a match made in football heaven?
The Cards looks to be set on Beanie Wells as their number one running back, but Taylor's pass blocking and third down running ability would be a good fit for a team who is now a running back short after the season-ending injury to rookie Ryan Williams.
Taylor may also be eager to take a short-term contract for less pay in order to get reps. After all, the 32-year-old Taylor isn't getting any younger.
While the Cardinals may be enjoying solid competition at the wide receiver position, they still do not have a true number two. Brandon Tate may be the solution to that problem.
The former New England Patriots wide receiver was cut Saturday and the Cards would do well to at lease give his agent a phone call. While Tate is not a fantasy draft's dream, his consistent catches for high yardage could make him enough of a threat to draw attention away from Larry Fitzgerald.
While Taylor and Tate are obviously not the only choices available to the Cards, they are two players who would fit well in the desert, so long as they would accept a back-up and number two role, respectively.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.