Updated Sep 3, 2011 - 1:54 pm
Chester Taylor, Brandon Tate cuts could benefit Arizona Cardinals
NFL roster cuts are on-going and there are two available players that could benefit the Arizona Cardinals.
Former Chicago Bears running back Chester Taylor was cut by the Bears, according to his agent. The Cardinals need a running back, Taylor needs a team -- a match made in football heaven?
The Cards looks to be set on Beanie Wells as their number one running back, but Taylor's pass blocking and third down running ability would be a good fit for a team who is now a running back short after the season-ending injury to rookie Ryan Williams.
Taylor may also be eager to take a short-term contract for less pay in order to get reps. After all, the 32-year-old Taylor isn't getting any younger.
While the Cardinals may be enjoying solid competition at the wide receiver position, they still do not have a true number two. Brandon Tate may be the solution to that problem.
The former New England Patriots wide receiver was cut Saturday and the Cards would do well to at lease give his agent a phone call. While Tate is not a fantasy draft's dream, his consistent catches for high yardage could make him enough of a threat to draw attention away from Larry Fitzgerald.
While Taylor and Tate are obviously not the only choices available to the Cards, they are two players who would fit well in the desert, so long as they would accept a back-up and number two role, respectively.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!