Updated Sep 4, 2011 - 11:16 am
Reports: Cardinals reach deal with Chester Taylor
There's a new running back on the way to the desert.
Cardinals agree to terms with Chester Taylor. Flying into AZ tonight, says league source.
Welcome to the Arizona Cardinals, Mr. Taylor.
According to Kent Somers, Taylor will arrive in Phoenix tonight and is believed to have accepted a one-year deal.
The former Chicago Bears running back is likely to become the Cardinals' third down and pass protection back.
Taylor was a great pickup for the Cardinals, who were in need of a running back after rookie Ryan Williams suffered a season-ending rupture to his patella tendon.
Taylor's experience will be a good compliment to Beanie Wells' youth. He has mentored other outstanding running backs in the NFL, including Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings and Matt Forte of the Bears, something that Wells would do well to take advantage of.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.