Updated Sep 5, 2011 - 5:33 pm
Ken Whisenhunt unsure of Taylor's exact role
Former Chicago Bears running back Chester Taylor should be starting practice Tuesday, but Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said he has yet to decide how he will use the veteran running back.
"We'll get him in here and figure out what his role will be, but I know as far as, whether he's a third down back or first or second back, those are all roles that he's done in games and done very well," Whisenhunt said of Taylor's flexibility.
While his role is still undefined, Whiz said that Taylor's experience will work to his advantage as he prepares to join a team less than a week before the start of the regular season.
"He'll understand how to study and prepare," Whisenhunt said.
The Cardinals are hoping that Taylor will add depth to the running back slot and will also mentor some of the younger players, Whisenhunt said.
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.