Updated Sep 5, 2011 - 5:33 pm
Ken Whisenhunt unsure of Taylor's exact role
Former Chicago Bears running back Chester Taylor should be starting practice Tuesday, but Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said he has yet to decide how he will use the veteran running back.
"We'll get him in here and figure out what his role will be, but I know as far as, whether he's a third down back or first or second back, those are all roles that he's done in games and done very well," Whisenhunt said of Taylor's flexibility.
While his role is still undefined, Whiz said that Taylor's experience will work to his advantage as he prepares to join a team less than a week before the start of the regular season.
"He'll understand how to study and prepare," Whisenhunt said.
The Cardinals are hoping that Taylor will add depth to the running back slot and will also mentor some of the younger players, Whisenhunt said.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!