Updated Sep 5, 2011 - 5:33 pm
Ken Whisenhunt unsure of Taylor's exact role
Former Chicago Bears running back Chester Taylor should be starting practice Tuesday, but Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said he has yet to decide how he will use the veteran running back.
"We'll get him in here and figure out what his role will be, but I know as far as, whether he's a third down back or first or second back, those are all roles that he's done in games and done very well," Whisenhunt said of Taylor's flexibility.
While his role is still undefined, Whiz said that Taylor's experience will work to his advantage as he prepares to join a team less than a week before the start of the regular season.
"He'll understand how to study and prepare," Whisenhunt said.
The Cardinals are hoping that Taylor will add depth to the running back slot and will also mentor some of the younger players, Whisenhunt said.
- A 'confident' Andre Ellington excited about increased role with Arizona Cardinals
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Fighting not tolerated in Cardinals camp
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.