Updated Sep 5, 2011 - 5:33 pm
Ken Whisenhunt unsure of Taylor's exact role
Former Chicago Bears running back Chester Taylor should be starting practice Tuesday, but Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said he has yet to decide how he will use the veteran running back.
"We'll get him in here and figure out what his role will be, but I know as far as, whether he's a third down back or first or second back, those are all roles that he's done in games and done very well," Whisenhunt said of Taylor's flexibility.
While his role is still undefined, Whiz said that Taylor's experience will work to his advantage as he prepares to join a team less than a week before the start of the regular season.
"He'll understand how to study and prepare," Whisenhunt said.
The Cardinals are hoping that Taylor will add depth to the running back slot and will also mentor some of the younger players, Whisenhunt said.
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l