Updated Sep 5, 2011 - 5:33 pm
Ken Whisenhunt unsure of Taylor's exact role
Former Chicago Bears running back Chester Taylor should be starting practice Tuesday, but Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said he has yet to decide how he will use the veteran running back.
"We'll get him in here and figure out what his role will be, but I know as far as, whether he's a third down back or first or second back, those are all roles that he's done in games and done very well," Whisenhunt said of Taylor's flexibility.
While his role is still undefined, Whiz said that Taylor's experience will work to his advantage as he prepares to join a team less than a week before the start of the regular season.
"He'll understand how to study and prepare," Whisenhunt said.
The Cardinals are hoping that Taylor will add depth to the running back slot and will also mentor some of the younger players, Whisenhunt said.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?