ESPN NFC West blog knocks Chester Taylor
It may have been a short blog post, but it could deflate a lot of Arizona Cardinals' fans hopes.
ESPN's NFC West Blog rained on new Cardinal running back Chester Taylor's parade with a few stats about Taylor's recent running struggles.
According to the blog, Taylor's average run last year was only for 2.38 yards, making it the worst for any back with a minimum of 100 carries in a season since 1970.
Never fear, Cards fans. Taylor wasn't for an explosive run game for huge yards every Sunday -- though that would help my fantasy team -- because he doesn't offer one.
As a veteran back, Taylor offers the Cardinals an option for short-yardage third downs, pass protection and a decent set of receiving hands in the backfield. Basically, he's not going to be a big-name back racking up big plays a la Adrian Peterson, but he has a role to play. It may not be glamorous, but every team needs a workhorse running back willing to contribute to the team any way they can.
The Cardinals got that player when they signed Taylor.
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Patriots TE Gronkowski undergoes back surgery
- Cardinals rookie class to be recognized before D-backs game
- Football writers honor Colts coach Chuck Pagano
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br