Updated Sep 5, 2011 - 1:37 pm
ESPN NFC West blog knocks Chester Taylor
It may have been a short blog post, but it could deflate a lot of Arizona Cardinals' fans hopes.
ESPN's NFC West Blog rained on new Cardinal running back Chester Taylor's parade with a few stats about Taylor's recent running struggles.
According to the blog, Taylor's average run last year was only for 2.38 yards, making it the worst for any back with a minimum of 100 carries in a season since 1970.
Never fear, Cards fans. Taylor wasn't for an explosive run game for huge yards every Sunday -- though that would help my fantasy team -- because he doesn't offer one.
As a veteran back, Taylor offers the Cardinals an option for short-yardage third downs, pass protection and a decent set of receiving hands in the backfield. Basically, he's not going to be a big-name back racking up big plays a la Adrian Peterson, but he has a role to play. It may not be glamorous, but every team needs a workhorse running back willing to contribute to the team any way they can.
The Cardinals got that player when they signed Taylor.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.