Updated Sep 6, 2011 - 6:12 pm
Chester Taylor could have minimal impact
According to Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, they may not have gotten much else.
"I'm not going to lie to you, I'm just not a fan of this move," Dave Burns said. "I just don't think there's a lot of tread left on that tire."
John Gambadoro agreed.
"I think the tire's flat," he said with regards to Taylor.
True, Taylor tallied the fewest yards since he was a rookie last year, finishing with just 267 on the ground. And yes, his 2.4 yards per carry average was, well, it wasn't good.
However, Taylor was likely brought in to be nothing more than a third down back who can pick up a blitz and catch the ball out of the backfield, tasks he can still handle.
Besides, the Cardinals weren't exactly going to get the second coming of Adrian Peterson less than a week before the season opener, so to be able to add Taylor, even at 32, should be looked at as a solid move.
Granted, if Taylor is expected to be the feature back at any point in the season the Cardinals' running game is already in trouble, no matter what the guy may or may not have left in the tank.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.