Updated Sep 6, 2011 - 6:12 pm
Chester Taylor could have minimal impact
According to Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, they may not have gotten much else.
"I'm not going to lie to you, I'm just not a fan of this move," Dave Burns said. "I just don't think there's a lot of tread left on that tire."
John Gambadoro agreed.
"I think the tire's flat," he said with regards to Taylor.
True, Taylor tallied the fewest yards since he was a rookie last year, finishing with just 267 on the ground. And yes, his 2.4 yards per carry average was, well, it wasn't good.
However, Taylor was likely brought in to be nothing more than a third down back who can pick up a blitz and catch the ball out of the backfield, tasks he can still handle.
Besides, the Cardinals weren't exactly going to get the second coming of Adrian Peterson less than a week before the season opener, so to be able to add Taylor, even at 32, should be looked at as a solid move.
Granted, if Taylor is expected to be the feature back at any point in the season the Cardinals' running game is already in trouble, no matter what the guy may or may not have left in the tank.
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.