Updated Sep 6, 2011 - 6:12 pm
Chester Taylor could have minimal impact
According to Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, they may not have gotten much else.
"I'm not going to lie to you, I'm just not a fan of this move," Dave Burns said. "I just don't think there's a lot of tread left on that tire."
John Gambadoro agreed.
"I think the tire's flat," he said with regards to Taylor.
True, Taylor tallied the fewest yards since he was a rookie last year, finishing with just 267 on the ground. And yes, his 2.4 yards per carry average was, well, it wasn't good.
However, Taylor was likely brought in to be nothing more than a third down back who can pick up a blitz and catch the ball out of the backfield, tasks he can still handle.
Besides, the Cardinals weren't exactly going to get the second coming of Adrian Peterson less than a week before the season opener, so to be able to add Taylor, even at 32, should be looked at as a solid move.
Granted, if Taylor is expected to be the feature back at any point in the season the Cardinals' running game is already in trouble, no matter what the guy may or may not have left in the tank.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!