Updated Sep 6, 2011 - 3:08 pm
Patrick Peterson listed as a starter for Arizona Cardinals
A rookie, Peterson has been moved ahead of veteran Richard Marshall and will start opposite A.J. Jefferson, provided nothing else changes before Sunday's opener.
Selected by the Cardinals with the number five overall pick in the draft out of LSU, Peterson was credited with six tackled, one interception and two passes defensed in preseason play.
Peterson was always likely to land a starting role at some point, but head coach Ken Whisenhunt is generally not fond of giving one the job so early in the season. However, the offseason trade of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie combined with the season-ending knee injury suffered by Greg Toler likely forced the coach's hand, if only just a little.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.