Updated Sep 6, 2011 - 3:08 pm
Patrick Peterson listed as a starter for Arizona Cardinals
A rookie, Peterson has been moved ahead of veteran Richard Marshall and will start opposite A.J. Jefferson, provided nothing else changes before Sunday's opener.
Selected by the Cardinals with the number five overall pick in the draft out of LSU, Peterson was credited with six tackled, one interception and two passes defensed in preseason play.
Peterson was always likely to land a starting role at some point, but head coach Ken Whisenhunt is generally not fond of giving one the job so early in the season. However, the offseason trade of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie combined with the season-ending knee injury suffered by Greg Toler likely forced the coach's hand, if only just a little.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.