Updated Sep 6, 2011 - 3:08 pm
Patrick Peterson listed as a starter for Arizona Cardinals
A rookie, Peterson has been moved ahead of veteran Richard Marshall and will start opposite A.J. Jefferson, provided nothing else changes before Sunday's opener.
Selected by the Cardinals with the number five overall pick in the draft out of LSU, Peterson was credited with six tackled, one interception and two passes defensed in preseason play.
Peterson was always likely to land a starting role at some point, but head coach Ken Whisenhunt is generally not fond of giving one the job so early in the season. However, the offseason trade of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie combined with the season-ending knee injury suffered by Greg Toler likely forced the coach's hand, if only just a little.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!