Updated Sep 6, 2011 - 3:08 pm
Patrick Peterson listed as a starter for Arizona Cardinals
A rookie, Peterson has been moved ahead of veteran Richard Marshall and will start opposite A.J. Jefferson, provided nothing else changes before Sunday's opener.
Selected by the Cardinals with the number five overall pick in the draft out of LSU, Peterson was credited with six tackled, one interception and two passes defensed in preseason play.
Peterson was always likely to land a starting role at some point, but head coach Ken Whisenhunt is generally not fond of giving one the job so early in the season. However, the offseason trade of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie combined with the season-ending knee injury suffered by Greg Toler likely forced the coach's hand, if only just a little.
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Arizona Cardinals sign free agent tight end John Carlson
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!