Updated Sep 8, 2011 - 1:40 pm
Cardinals announce 2011 team captains
Cards captains: offense Fitz and Sendlein. Defense Dockett, Wilson and Lenon. ST Feely.
Larry Fitzgerald, Lyle Sendlein, Darnell Dockett and Adrian Wilson were captains last year, while this is the first time for Jay Feely and Paris Lenon.
Of course, it's a good sign when some of the highest paid players on the team (Fitzgerald, Dockett, Wilson) are also the most respected, as they are the ones who the rest of the guys will follow.
Having stars on both sides of the ball who are leaders is certainly a bonus, though it should be noted that this is the second straight year where a QB was not given the honor.
Then again, that shouldn't be too surprising or concerning, especially since Kevin Kolb has been with the team for less than two months. Given the leadership he's showed in his short time in the Valley, there's a good chance he'll don the "C" next season.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.