Updated Sep 8, 2011 - 1:40 pm
Cardinals announce 2011 team captains
Cards captains: offense Fitz and Sendlein. Defense Dockett, Wilson and Lenon. ST Feely.
Larry Fitzgerald, Lyle Sendlein, Darnell Dockett and Adrian Wilson were captains last year, while this is the first time for Jay Feely and Paris Lenon.
Of course, it's a good sign when some of the highest paid players on the team (Fitzgerald, Dockett, Wilson) are also the most respected, as they are the ones who the rest of the guys will follow.
Having stars on both sides of the ball who are leaders is certainly a bonus, though it should be noted that this is the second straight year where a QB was not given the honor.
Then again, that shouldn't be too surprising or concerning, especially since Kevin Kolb has been with the team for less than two months. Given the leadership he's showed in his short time in the Valley, there's a good chance he'll don the "C" next season.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?