Updated Sep 8, 2011 - 1:40 pm
Cardinals announce 2011 team captains
Cards captains: offense Fitz and Sendlein. Defense Dockett, Wilson and Lenon. ST Feely.
Larry Fitzgerald, Lyle Sendlein, Darnell Dockett and Adrian Wilson were captains last year, while this is the first time for Jay Feely and Paris Lenon.
Of course, it's a good sign when some of the highest paid players on the team (Fitzgerald, Dockett, Wilson) are also the most respected, as they are the ones who the rest of the guys will follow.
Having stars on both sides of the ball who are leaders is certainly a bonus, though it should be noted that this is the second straight year where a QB was not given the honor.
Then again, that shouldn't be too surprising or concerning, especially since Kevin Kolb has been with the team for less than two months. Given the leadership he's showed in his short time in the Valley, there's a good chance he'll don the "C" next season.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.