Updated Sep 8, 2011 - 1:40 pm
Cardinals announce 2011 team captains
Cards captains: offense Fitz and Sendlein. Defense Dockett, Wilson and Lenon. ST Feely.
Larry Fitzgerald, Lyle Sendlein, Darnell Dockett and Adrian Wilson were captains last year, while this is the first time for Jay Feely and Paris Lenon.
Of course, it's a good sign when some of the highest paid players on the team (Fitzgerald, Dockett, Wilson) are also the most respected, as they are the ones who the rest of the guys will follow.
Having stars on both sides of the ball who are leaders is certainly a bonus, though it should be noted that this is the second straight year where a QB was not given the honor.
Then again, that shouldn't be too surprising or concerning, especially since Kevin Kolb has been with the team for less than two months. Given the leadership he's showed in his short time in the Valley, there's a good chance he'll don the "C" next season.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.