Updated Sep 8, 2011 - 1:40 pm
Cardinals announce 2011 team captains
Cards captains: offense Fitz and Sendlein. Defense Dockett, Wilson and Lenon. ST Feely.
Larry Fitzgerald, Lyle Sendlein, Darnell Dockett and Adrian Wilson were captains last year, while this is the first time for Jay Feely and Paris Lenon.
Of course, it's a good sign when some of the highest paid players on the team (Fitzgerald, Dockett, Wilson) are also the most respected, as they are the ones who the rest of the guys will follow.
Having stars on both sides of the ball who are leaders is certainly a bonus, though it should be noted that this is the second straight year where a QB was not given the honor.
Then again, that shouldn't be too surprising or concerning, especially since Kevin Kolb has been with the team for less than two months. Given the leadership he's showed in his short time in the Valley, there's a good chance he'll don the "C" next season.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.