Updated Sep 9, 2011 - 9:45 am
Whisenhunt - Kolb relationship important, solid
The Cardinals 2011 season officially gets underway on Sunday and so much has already been made about the chemistry and relationships between teammates, but what about the relationship between head coach and quarterback?
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt thinks the relationship he has with Kevin Kolb can make a difference with the team's success. "I think communication and trust to me are the two most important things. You know you gotta get a feel for what your quarterback likes, what he doesn't like. You gotta communicate that. But I think there also has to be a trust. They have to know that you want to put them in the best situation to win. I think we have a very good relationship with Kevin."
Coach Whisenhunt also said he has great respect for what it takes to play that position and he's always tried to have great relationships with the quarterbacks.
Kevin Kolb has only been here for six weeks but it didn't take long for Coach Whisenhunt and Kolb to click. "Doesn't take long with Kevin from my perspective to have a trust in what he's going to do and to be able to communicate things with him. He's very open. He wants to do it the right way. One of the things we've always done around here is we've been open to listening to that. Working together and trying to get a beat on what we all do well."
Sunday will be the first true test for QB Kevin Kolb, Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt and the rest of the Arizona Cardinals.
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.