Updated Sep 9, 2011 - 9:45 am
Whisenhunt - Kolb relationship important, solid
The Cardinals 2011 season officially gets underway on Sunday and so much has already been made about the chemistry and relationships between teammates, but what about the relationship between head coach and quarterback?
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt thinks the relationship he has with Kevin Kolb can make a difference with the team's success. "I think communication and trust to me are the two most important things. You know you gotta get a feel for what your quarterback likes, what he doesn't like. You gotta communicate that. But I think there also has to be a trust. They have to know that you want to put them in the best situation to win. I think we have a very good relationship with Kevin."
Coach Whisenhunt also said he has great respect for what it takes to play that position and he's always tried to have great relationships with the quarterbacks.
Kevin Kolb has only been here for six weeks but it didn't take long for Coach Whisenhunt and Kolb to click. "Doesn't take long with Kevin from my perspective to have a trust in what he's going to do and to be able to communicate things with him. He's very open. He wants to do it the right way. One of the things we've always done around here is we've been open to listening to that. Working together and trying to get a beat on what we all do well."
Sunday will be the first true test for QB Kevin Kolb, Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt and the rest of the Arizona Cardinals.
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Arizona Cardinals sign free agent tight end John Carlson
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!