Updated Sep 9, 2011 - 9:45 am
Whisenhunt - Kolb relationship important, solid
The Cardinals 2011 season officially gets underway on Sunday and so much has already been made about the chemistry and relationships between teammates, but what about the relationship between head coach and quarterback?
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt thinks the relationship he has with Kevin Kolb can make a difference with the team's success. "I think communication and trust to me are the two most important things. You know you gotta get a feel for what your quarterback likes, what he doesn't like. You gotta communicate that. But I think there also has to be a trust. They have to know that you want to put them in the best situation to win. I think we have a very good relationship with Kevin."
Coach Whisenhunt also said he has great respect for what it takes to play that position and he's always tried to have great relationships with the quarterbacks.
Kevin Kolb has only been here for six weeks but it didn't take long for Coach Whisenhunt and Kolb to click. "Doesn't take long with Kevin from my perspective to have a trust in what he's going to do and to be able to communicate things with him. He's very open. He wants to do it the right way. One of the things we've always done around here is we've been open to listening to that. Working together and trying to get a beat on what we all do well."
Sunday will be the first true test for QB Kevin Kolb, Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt and the rest of the Arizona Cardinals.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.