Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 5:27 pm
Cardinals notes: A happy team
The win Sunday improved the Cards record to 24-12 at University of Phoenix Stadium under Coach Whisenhunt. The win also snapped Arizona's 7 game regular season losing streak to Carolina. It was the first regular season win against the Panthers since 2002.
Of the 44 players that played Sunday...17 made their debut for the Cardinals.
QB Kevin Kolb completed 18 of 27 passes for 309 yards, 2 TDs and a passer rating of 130.0. Kolb's passer rating ranked as the 3rd best total by a QB in week 1 behind only Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Bills & Aaron Rogers of the Packers.
The consensus in the locker room Monday was that they were happy they got out of there with a win because they didn't play great...but felt that this was a game they would not have won last season.
Both Coach Whisenhunt and QB Kolb agreed that it is much easier to come in and take criticism after a win. Guys are more receptive and open to the information given to them.
Once again Coach W talked about Patrick Peterson's confidence...saying he has a lot of it and it helps him but he still has a lot to learn.
Kolb said he's got a long way to go as well but felt for game 1 it pretty good. He talked about trying to stay in the pocket longer, getting comfy with the O-line and the fine line between staying in there and scrambling.
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.