Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 5:27 pm
Cardinals notes: A happy team
The win Sunday improved the Cards record to 24-12 at University of Phoenix Stadium under Coach Whisenhunt. The win also snapped Arizona's 7 game regular season losing streak to Carolina. It was the first regular season win against the Panthers since 2002.
Of the 44 players that played Sunday...17 made their debut for the Cardinals.
QB Kevin Kolb completed 18 of 27 passes for 309 yards, 2 TDs and a passer rating of 130.0. Kolb's passer rating ranked as the 3rd best total by a QB in week 1 behind only Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Bills & Aaron Rogers of the Packers.
The consensus in the locker room Monday was that they were happy they got out of there with a win because they didn't play great...but felt that this was a game they would not have won last season.
Both Coach Whisenhunt and QB Kolb agreed that it is much easier to come in and take criticism after a win. Guys are more receptive and open to the information given to them.
Once again Coach W talked about Patrick Peterson's confidence...saying he has a lot of it and it helps him but he still has a lot to learn.
Kolb said he's got a long way to go as well but felt for game 1 it pretty good. He talked about trying to stay in the pocket longer, getting comfy with the O-line and the fine line between staying in there and scrambling.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.