Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 5:27 pm
Cardinals notes: A happy team
The win Sunday improved the Cards record to 24-12 at University of Phoenix Stadium under Coach Whisenhunt. The win also snapped Arizona's 7 game regular season losing streak to Carolina. It was the first regular season win against the Panthers since 2002.
Of the 44 players that played Sunday...17 made their debut for the Cardinals.
QB Kevin Kolb completed 18 of 27 passes for 309 yards, 2 TDs and a passer rating of 130.0. Kolb's passer rating ranked as the 3rd best total by a QB in week 1 behind only Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Bills & Aaron Rogers of the Packers.
The consensus in the locker room Monday was that they were happy they got out of there with a win because they didn't play great...but felt that this was a game they would not have won last season.
Both Coach Whisenhunt and QB Kolb agreed that it is much easier to come in and take criticism after a win. Guys are more receptive and open to the information given to them.
Once again Coach W talked about Patrick Peterson's confidence...saying he has a lot of it and it helps him but he still has a lot to learn.
Kolb said he's got a long way to go as well but felt for game 1 it pretty good. He talked about trying to stay in the pocket longer, getting comfy with the O-line and the fine line between staying in there and scrambling.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.