Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 5:27 pm
Cardinals notes: A happy team
The win Sunday improved the Cards record to 24-12 at University of Phoenix Stadium under Coach Whisenhunt. The win also snapped Arizona's 7 game regular season losing streak to Carolina. It was the first regular season win against the Panthers since 2002.
Of the 44 players that played Sunday...17 made their debut for the Cardinals.
QB Kevin Kolb completed 18 of 27 passes for 309 yards, 2 TDs and a passer rating of 130.0. Kolb's passer rating ranked as the 3rd best total by a QB in week 1 behind only Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Bills & Aaron Rogers of the Packers.
The consensus in the locker room Monday was that they were happy they got out of there with a win because they didn't play great...but felt that this was a game they would not have won last season.
Both Coach Whisenhunt and QB Kolb agreed that it is much easier to come in and take criticism after a win. Guys are more receptive and open to the information given to them.
Once again Coach W talked about Patrick Peterson's confidence...saying he has a lot of it and it helps him but he still has a lot to learn.
Kolb said he's got a long way to go as well but felt for game 1 it pretty good. He talked about trying to stay in the pocket longer, getting comfy with the O-line and the fine line between staying in there and scrambling.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.