Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 5:30 pm
Confidence doesn't waver 2011 Cardinals
Coming off a 5-11 season many Cardinals fans thought this team was picking up where it left off in the season opener against the Carolina Panthers.
But instead of throwing in the towel early and losing another game they expected to win, the Cardinals kept fighting and kept coming back.
"Our guys continued to fight and found a way to win," coach Ken Whisenhunt told reporters Monday. "That's important, something we weren't able to do last year."
A comparison to last year from the coach may be a sign that this year's team is more comfortable with the issues that need fixing.
"If we can clean up our mistakes we'll have a chance to be a pretty good football team," said Whisenhunt.
The Cardinals bounced back from two seven point deficits against the Panthers, playing like a team who has faith in its ability to win no matter the circumstance.
"This was our first real game together and we made our share of mistakes," said Whisenhunt, "but I was pleased with the way our guys responded."
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!