Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 5:30 pm
Confidence doesn't waver 2011 Cardinals
Coming off a 5-11 season many Cardinals fans thought this team was picking up where it left off in the season opener against the Carolina Panthers.
But instead of throwing in the towel early and losing another game they expected to win, the Cardinals kept fighting and kept coming back.
"Our guys continued to fight and found a way to win," coach Ken Whisenhunt told reporters Monday. "That's important, something we weren't able to do last year."
A comparison to last year from the coach may be a sign that this year's team is more comfortable with the issues that need fixing.
"If we can clean up our mistakes we'll have a chance to be a pretty good football team," said Whisenhunt.
The Cardinals bounced back from two seven point deficits against the Panthers, playing like a team who has faith in its ability to win no matter the circumstance.
"This was our first real game together and we made our share of mistakes," said Whisenhunt, "but I was pleased with the way our guys responded."
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!