Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 5:30 pm
Confidence doesn't waver 2011 Cardinals
Coming off a 5-11 season many Cardinals fans thought this team was picking up where it left off in the season opener against the Carolina Panthers.
But instead of throwing in the towel early and losing another game they expected to win, the Cardinals kept fighting and kept coming back.
"Our guys continued to fight and found a way to win," coach Ken Whisenhunt told reporters Monday. "That's important, something we weren't able to do last year."
A comparison to last year from the coach may be a sign that this year's team is more comfortable with the issues that need fixing.
"If we can clean up our mistakes we'll have a chance to be a pretty good football team," said Whisenhunt.
The Cardinals bounced back from two seven point deficits against the Panthers, playing like a team who has faith in its ability to win no matter the circumstance.
"This was our first real game together and we made our share of mistakes," said Whisenhunt, "but I was pleased with the way our guys responded."
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.