Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 5:30 pm
Confidence doesn't waver 2011 Cardinals
Coming off a 5-11 season many Cardinals fans thought this team was picking up where it left off in the season opener against the Carolina Panthers.
But instead of throwing in the towel early and losing another game they expected to win, the Cardinals kept fighting and kept coming back.
"Our guys continued to fight and found a way to win," coach Ken Whisenhunt told reporters Monday. "That's important, something we weren't able to do last year."
A comparison to last year from the coach may be a sign that this year's team is more comfortable with the issues that need fixing.
"If we can clean up our mistakes we'll have a chance to be a pretty good football team," said Whisenhunt.
The Cardinals bounced back from two seven point deficits against the Panthers, playing like a team who has faith in its ability to win no matter the circumstance.
"This was our first real game together and we made our share of mistakes," said Whisenhunt, "but I was pleased with the way our guys responded."
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up