Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 5:30 pm
Confidence doesn't waver 2011 Cardinals
Coming off a 5-11 season many Cardinals fans thought this team was picking up where it left off in the season opener against the Carolina Panthers.
But instead of throwing in the towel early and losing another game they expected to win, the Cardinals kept fighting and kept coming back.
"Our guys continued to fight and found a way to win," coach Ken Whisenhunt told reporters Monday. "That's important, something we weren't able to do last year."
A comparison to last year from the coach may be a sign that this year's team is more comfortable with the issues that need fixing.
"If we can clean up our mistakes we'll have a chance to be a pretty good football team," said Whisenhunt.
The Cardinals bounced back from two seven point deficits against the Panthers, playing like a team who has faith in its ability to win no matter the circumstance.
"This was our first real game together and we made our share of mistakes," said Whisenhunt, "but I was pleased with the way our guys responded."
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.