Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 3:40 pm
Daryl Washington steps up in season opener
2010 second-round pick Daryl Washington recorded seven total tackles, led the team with six solo tackles, one interception and had another one called back due to a roughing the passer penalty.
"He started playing a lot better later in the season last year," coach Ken Whisenhunt said.
The last year's experience seems to be paying off for Washington, who played all 16 games in 2010.
"Once they get more playing time under their belt they play better and it carried over into this year for him." Whisenhunt said.
Washington played a key role in the Cardinals' victory and has become a reliable defensive player in only his second season.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.