Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 3:40 pm
Daryl Washington steps up in season opener
2010 second-round pick Daryl Washington recorded seven total tackles, led the team with six solo tackles, one interception and had another one called back due to a roughing the passer penalty.
"He started playing a lot better later in the season last year," coach Ken Whisenhunt said.
The last year's experience seems to be paying off for Washington, who played all 16 games in 2010.
"Once they get more playing time under their belt they play better and it carried over into this year for him." Whisenhunt said.
Washington played a key role in the Cardinals' victory and has become a reliable defensive player in only his second season.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.