Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 3:40 pm
Daryl Washington steps up in season opener
2010 second-round pick Daryl Washington recorded seven total tackles, led the team with six solo tackles, one interception and had another one called back due to a roughing the passer penalty.
"He started playing a lot better later in the season last year," coach Ken Whisenhunt said.
The last year's experience seems to be paying off for Washington, who played all 16 games in 2010.
"Once they get more playing time under their belt they play better and it carried over into this year for him." Whisenhunt said.
Washington played a key role in the Cardinals' victory and has become a reliable defensive player in only his second season.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!