Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 3:40 pm
Daryl Washington steps up in season opener
2010 second-round pick Daryl Washington recorded seven total tackles, led the team with six solo tackles, one interception and had another one called back due to a roughing the passer penalty.
"He started playing a lot better later in the season last year," coach Ken Whisenhunt said.
The last year's experience seems to be paying off for Washington, who played all 16 games in 2010.
"Once they get more playing time under their belt they play better and it carried over into this year for him." Whisenhunt said.
Washington played a key role in the Cardinals' victory and has become a reliable defensive player in only his second season.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?