Updated Sep 12, 2011 - 4:41 pm
Kolb still expecting improvements
PHOENIX - The Arizona Cardinals are riding high especially considering how miserable last season was, after their 28-21 opening week win over the Carolina Panthers.
However, defeating a team like Carlina, the worst in the league last season, at home against a rookie quarterback is nothing to get too excited about.
Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb wants to see his team clean up their level of play.
"There was a lot of mistakes and there always is Week one especially when you're a team like us that has 60 percent new players," said Kolb on the Scott Van Pelt show on ESPN Monday.
For Arizona's new quarterback, it's still a challenge picking up the offensive system.
"It's a big challenge. If I said any different, I'd be lying," said Kolb.
Still, with limited time in the Cardinals system, Kolb had a successful debut completing 18 of 27 passes for 309 yards and two touchdowns.
Kolb expects his performance to elevate along with the rest of his teammates the more work he gets in.
"Every day and every game is beneficial, just keep trying to put the notches in my belt and keep learning and getting better," said Kolb.
Let's hope so because the Cardinals take on a Washington team next week that looked impressive in their win over the Giants.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b