Updated Sep 13, 2011 - 9:16 am
Overall Cardinals pleased with game one
PHOENIX - Sunday after the Cardinals beat the Carolina Panthers, they were a bit hesitant to give themselves a thumbs up or thumbs down on their performance because it's tough to do when everything just went by in a blur.
Today the coaches and players were back at the facility in Tempe and having watched the game film they felt pretty good about their performance. Most guys agreed that there's a lot of room for improvement but they also agreed that they wouldn't have won that game last year after making that many mistakes. Coach Whisenhunt on the change from last season. "It was our first real game together, 60 minutes, and we made more than our share of mistakes but I was pleased with the way our guys responded and continued to fight and found a way to win. That's important and that's something that we weren't able to do last year."
Quarterback Kevin Kolb wasn't here last here to witness the mistakes and losses first hand but he did feel good about yesterday's win. "Look, it's gotta be our point of emphasis to clean up the details. The good thing is we have the guys, a good veteran group that understands that. We don't have to be coached on it. We know it's our responsibility as players."
Players will enjoy a day off on Tuesday and they're back to work on Wednesday preparing for the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines