Updated Sep 13, 2011 - 9:16 am
Overall Cardinals pleased with game one
PHOENIX - Sunday after the Cardinals beat the Carolina Panthers, they were a bit hesitant to give themselves a thumbs up or thumbs down on their performance because it's tough to do when everything just went by in a blur.
Today the coaches and players were back at the facility in Tempe and having watched the game film they felt pretty good about their performance. Most guys agreed that there's a lot of room for improvement but they also agreed that they wouldn't have won that game last year after making that many mistakes. Coach Whisenhunt on the change from last season. "It was our first real game together, 60 minutes, and we made more than our share of mistakes but I was pleased with the way our guys responded and continued to fight and found a way to win. That's important and that's something that we weren't able to do last year."
Quarterback Kevin Kolb wasn't here last here to witness the mistakes and losses first hand but he did feel good about yesterday's win. "Look, it's gotta be our point of emphasis to clean up the details. The good thing is we have the guys, a good veteran group that understands that. We don't have to be coached on it. We know it's our responsibility as players."
Players will enjoy a day off on Tuesday and they're back to work on Wednesday preparing for the Redskins.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals new left tackle - Wednesday March 12Jared Veldheer discusses his recent signing with the Cardinals.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.