Updated Sep 13, 2011 - 9:16 am
Overall Cardinals pleased with game one
PHOENIX - Sunday after the Cardinals beat the Carolina Panthers, they were a bit hesitant to give themselves a thumbs up or thumbs down on their performance because it's tough to do when everything just went by in a blur.
Today the coaches and players were back at the facility in Tempe and having watched the game film they felt pretty good about their performance. Most guys agreed that there's a lot of room for improvement but they also agreed that they wouldn't have won that game last year after making that many mistakes. Coach Whisenhunt on the change from last season. "It was our first real game together, 60 minutes, and we made more than our share of mistakes but I was pleased with the way our guys responded and continued to fight and found a way to win. That's important and that's something that we weren't able to do last year."
Quarterback Kevin Kolb wasn't here last here to witness the mistakes and losses first hand but he did feel good about yesterday's win. "Look, it's gotta be our point of emphasis to clean up the details. The good thing is we have the guys, a good veteran group that understands that. We don't have to be coached on it. We know it's our responsibility as players."
Players will enjoy a day off on Tuesday and they're back to work on Wednesday preparing for the Redskins.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.