Updated Sep 20, 2011 - 3:43 pm
Cardinals are 'good enough' to win a bad enough division
In fact, the division is so bad -- once again -- that mediocrity may take the crown, and while many thought the Rams would come out on top, that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.
"It's going to be a bad year for the Rams," Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro said.
Given that, the Cardinals may very well be the favorites, and they could have the schedule to thank.
"Arizona got Carolina, the Rams get the Saints," Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns said.
All scheduling aside, Burns thinks the Cardinals may have improved just enough in the offseason.
"Are they great? No. Did they get good enough to win this division? I think [Monday night's Rams/Giants game] proved to me that the Arizona Cardinals got good enough to win this division," he said. "They get six games against the Rams, Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers."
The NFC West was won by a 7-9 team last year because the division, as a whole, was terrible. Could the same thing happen again?
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.