Updated Sep 20, 2011 - 3:43 pm
Cardinals are 'good enough' to win a bad enough division
In fact, the division is so bad -- once again -- that mediocrity may take the crown, and while many thought the Rams would come out on top, that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.
"It's going to be a bad year for the Rams," Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro said.
Given that, the Cardinals may very well be the favorites, and they could have the schedule to thank.
"Arizona got Carolina, the Rams get the Saints," Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns said.
All scheduling aside, Burns thinks the Cardinals may have improved just enough in the offseason.
"Are they great? No. Did they get good enough to win this division? I think [Monday night's Rams/Giants game] proved to me that the Arizona Cardinals got good enough to win this division," he said. "They get six games against the Rams, Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers."
The NFC West was won by a 7-9 team last year because the division, as a whole, was terrible. Could the same thing happen again?
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!