Updated Sep 20, 2011 - 3:43 pm
Cardinals are 'good enough' to win a bad enough division
In fact, the division is so bad -- once again -- that mediocrity may take the crown, and while many thought the Rams would come out on top, that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.
"It's going to be a bad year for the Rams," Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro said.
Given that, the Cardinals may very well be the favorites, and they could have the schedule to thank.
"Arizona got Carolina, the Rams get the Saints," Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns said.
All scheduling aside, Burns thinks the Cardinals may have improved just enough in the offseason.
"Are they great? No. Did they get good enough to win this division? I think [Monday night's Rams/Giants game] proved to me that the Arizona Cardinals got good enough to win this division," he said. "They get six games against the Rams, Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers."
The NFC West was won by a 7-9 team last year because the division, as a whole, was terrible. Could the same thing happen again?
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up