Updated Sep 20, 2011 - 3:43 pm
Cardinals are 'good enough' to win a bad enough division
In fact, the division is so bad -- once again -- that mediocrity may take the crown, and while many thought the Rams would come out on top, that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.
"It's going to be a bad year for the Rams," Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro said.
Given that, the Cardinals may very well be the favorites, and they could have the schedule to thank.
"Arizona got Carolina, the Rams get the Saints," Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns said.
All scheduling aside, Burns thinks the Cardinals may have improved just enough in the offseason.
"Are they great? No. Did they get good enough to win this division? I think [Monday night's Rams/Giants game] proved to me that the Arizona Cardinals got good enough to win this division," he said. "They get six games against the Rams, Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers."
The NFC West was won by a 7-9 team last year because the division, as a whole, was terrible. Could the same thing happen again?
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.