Updated Sep 23, 2011 - 1:21 pm
ESPN Insider: 'Beanie Wells is...one of the outstanding running backs in the NFL'
ESPN's Ron Jaworski spoke highly of the three-year veteran to Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
"Beanie Wells, to me, is now one of the outstanding running backs in the National Football League," Jaworski said.
The Cardinals should give him the ball more often, right?
"Absolutely, there's no question."
Wells has rushed for two scores and 183 yards on 32 carries through the first two weeks of the season.
"He shows that lateral agility in the open field where I always thought he was an upright runner who was just going to run over people," Jaworski said.
Wells has become a significant part of this offense, even when he's not running the ball. Jaworski notes the running back is growing up and maturing.
"I saw some outstanding blitz pick-ups and that takes time," Jaworski said. "I'm seeing Beanie now stick his head in there and taking linebackers on and giving Kolb time to throw the football."
- Michael Floyd: A threat Arizona Cardinals have not had since Anquan Boldin
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?