ESPN Insider: 'Beanie Wells is...one of the outstanding running backs in the NFL'
ESPN's Ron Jaworski spoke highly of the three-year veteran to Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
"Beanie Wells, to me, is now one of the outstanding running backs in the National Football League," Jaworski said.
The Cardinals should give him the ball more often, right?
"Absolutely, there's no question."
Wells has rushed for two scores and 183 yards on 32 carries through the first two weeks of the season.
"He shows that lateral agility in the open field where I always thought he was an upright runner who was just going to run over people," Jaworski said.
Wells has become a significant part of this offense, even when he's not running the ball. Jaworski notes the running back is growing up and maturing.
"I saw some outstanding blitz pick-ups and that takes time," Jaworski said. "I'm seeing Beanie now stick his head in there and taking linebackers on and giving Kolb time to throw the football."
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br