Updated Sep 23, 2011 - 1:21 pm
ESPN Insider: 'Beanie Wells is...one of the outstanding running backs in the NFL'
ESPN's Ron Jaworski spoke highly of the three-year veteran to Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
"Beanie Wells, to me, is now one of the outstanding running backs in the National Football League," Jaworski said.
The Cardinals should give him the ball more often, right?
"Absolutely, there's no question."
Wells has rushed for two scores and 183 yards on 32 carries through the first two weeks of the season.
"He shows that lateral agility in the open field where I always thought he was an upright runner who was just going to run over people," Jaworski said.
Wells has become a significant part of this offense, even when he's not running the ball. Jaworski notes the running back is growing up and maturing.
"I saw some outstanding blitz pick-ups and that takes time," Jaworski said. "I'm seeing Beanie now stick his head in there and taking linebackers on and giving Kolb time to throw the football."
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!