Updated Sep 30, 2011 - 5:40 pm
Despite 1-2 start, Larry Fitzgerald encouraged by Kevin Kolb
The Arizona Cardinals offense may have struggled last week against a poor Seattle Seahawks team, but there is a lot of football to be played and a quarterback to develop.
"[Kevin Kolb]'s only been here eight weeks and he had a huge disadvantage not having the off-season program and all the time that most quarterbacks have, but he makes the best of it," Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said Thursday on Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf show.
Many fans expected Kolb to be an instant solution to the team's offensive issues and appeared to be so in the first two weeks of the season, but had a setback last Sunday as the Cardinals struggled in the final minutes for some much-needed offensive firepower.
Kolb finished the game with 25 completed passes for for 252 yards and a touchdown to Fitzgerald, but his two interceptions, including one with under a minute to play, stood out starkly against the an otherwise decent performance.
Fitz said he isn't concerned with Kolb's start and said his teammates need to help him out.
"We all look at it like this: the better our play, the better Larry Fitzgerald goes out and performs on a week- to-week basis, the easier Kevin Kolb's job will be to get me the football," Fitzgerald said.
Kolb's job, along with the rest of the Cardinals offense, won't be easy when it comes to playing the Giants and former Cardinal Antrel Rolle on Sunday, but Fitz said that kind of match-up will only encourage him to play better.
"Those kind of challenges are always fun and bring out the best," Fitzgerald said.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b