Despite 1-2 start, Larry Fitzgerald encouraged by Kevin Kolb
The Arizona Cardinals offense may have struggled last week against a poor Seattle Seahawks team, but there is a lot of football to be played and a quarterback to develop.
"[Kevin Kolb]'s only been here eight weeks and he had a huge disadvantage not having the off-season program and all the time that most quarterbacks have, but he makes the best of it," Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said Thursday on Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf show.
Many fans expected Kolb to be an instant solution to the team's offensive issues and appeared to be so in the first two weeks of the season, but had a setback last Sunday as the Cardinals struggled in the final minutes for some much-needed offensive firepower.
Kolb finished the game with 25 completed passes for for 252 yards and a touchdown to Fitzgerald, but his two interceptions, including one with under a minute to play, stood out starkly against the an otherwise decent performance.
Fitz said he isn't concerned with Kolb's start and said his teammates need to help him out.
"We all look at it like this: the better our play, the better Larry Fitzgerald goes out and performs on a week- to-week basis, the easier Kevin Kolb's job will be to get me the football," Fitzgerald said.
Kolb's job, along with the rest of the Cardinals offense, won't be easy when it comes to playing the Giants and former Cardinal Antrel Rolle on Sunday, but Fitz said that kind of match-up will only encourage him to play better.
"Those kind of challenges are always fun and bring out the best," Fitzgerald said.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.