Updated Oct 5, 2011 - 4:09 pm
For Cardinals close isn't good enough
Two of the three losses saw the Cardinals let a fourth quarter lead slip away.
So while they've been close to wins, the fact is that's not good enough.
"You've got to find a way to win," quarterback Kevin Kolb said. "Regardless if it's 30 points or three points, you've got to find a way to win."
Unfortunately for the Cardinals all they've really done this season is find new ways to lose.
The good news, at least from Arizona's perspective, is that their problems are self-inflicted. Whether it's missing an assignment, fumbling the ball or just not making a play, the Cardinals know their own mistakes have led to a 1-3 record.
"Whenever you've got a game so close like that," running back Beanie Wells said, "you think about every little, minimal mistake.
"I don't want to go on further in the season thinking about things like that. I would rather close out a football game knowing that we did everything possible to bring us closer to a victory."
So whether that's making one more tackle, snagging one more catch or gaining a few extra yards on a play, the Cardinals say they're ready to start winning again.
"Being close, still, it doesn't get you victories," receiver Early Doucet said. "At some point we've got to finish games out.
"We're just a player here and a play there from winning those games and I think, for us, we know that and we're going to continue to work hard."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!