Updated Oct 5, 2011 - 4:09 pm
For Cardinals close isn't good enough
Two of the three losses saw the Cardinals let a fourth quarter lead slip away.
So while they've been close to wins, the fact is that's not good enough.
"You've got to find a way to win," quarterback Kevin Kolb said. "Regardless if it's 30 points or three points, you've got to find a way to win."
Unfortunately for the Cardinals all they've really done this season is find new ways to lose.
The good news, at least from Arizona's perspective, is that their problems are self-inflicted. Whether it's missing an assignment, fumbling the ball or just not making a play, the Cardinals know their own mistakes have led to a 1-3 record.
"Whenever you've got a game so close like that," running back Beanie Wells said, "you think about every little, minimal mistake.
"I don't want to go on further in the season thinking about things like that. I would rather close out a football game knowing that we did everything possible to bring us closer to a victory."
So whether that's making one more tackle, snagging one more catch or gaining a few extra yards on a play, the Cardinals say they're ready to start winning again.
"Being close, still, it doesn't get you victories," receiver Early Doucet said. "At some point we've got to finish games out.
"We're just a player here and a play there from winning those games and I think, for us, we know that and we're going to continue to work hard."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.