For Cardinals close isn't good enough
Two of the three losses saw the Cardinals let a fourth quarter lead slip away.
So while they've been close to wins, the fact is that's not good enough.
"You've got to find a way to win," quarterback Kevin Kolb said. "Regardless if it's 30 points or three points, you've got to find a way to win."
Unfortunately for the Cardinals all they've really done this season is find new ways to lose.
The good news, at least from Arizona's perspective, is that their problems are self-inflicted. Whether it's missing an assignment, fumbling the ball or just not making a play, the Cardinals know their own mistakes have led to a 1-3 record.
"Whenever you've got a game so close like that," running back Beanie Wells said, "you think about every little, minimal mistake.
"I don't want to go on further in the season thinking about things like that. I would rather close out a football game knowing that we did everything possible to bring us closer to a victory."
So whether that's making one more tackle, snagging one more catch or gaining a few extra yards on a play, the Cardinals say they're ready to start winning again.
"Being close, still, it doesn't get you victories," receiver Early Doucet said. "At some point we've got to finish games out.
"We're just a player here and a play there from winning those games and I think, for us, we know that and we're going to continue to work hard."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.