Updated Oct 5, 2011 - 8:43 pm
Larry Fitzgerald prepares for Minnesota homecoming
Sunday will mark the second time in his career Larry Fitzgerald will play in the state he was raised in.
"Anytime I play against the Vikings, having a history and being a Vikings fan for so long, I want to win," Fitzgerald said. "Playing in front of friends and family and so many people growing up there, it's special."
Despite the memories, Fitzgerald remains focused on the current Vikings team and knows that they are a better team than their 0-4 record indicates.
"Jared Allen's playing the best of his career early right now, Brian Robison's playing very good, Chad Greenway is playing at an all-pro level," said Fitzgerald. "We have to do a good job of keeping those guys out of our backfield."
A road victory for the 1-3 Cardinals would be a huge boost of momentum for the team but Fitzgerald is aware the Vikings are a desperate team in search of it first win.
"Those guys are in the same predicament. They've lost games with leads going late into the second half and we've faced those same issues," said Fitzgerald.
Fitzgerald could put up big numbers against a poor pass defense but it won't mean much if they leave Minnesota without a win. Fitzgerald is 1-3 against his hometown team.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.