Updated Oct 5, 2011 - 8:43 pm
Larry Fitzgerald prepares for Minnesota homecoming
Sunday will mark the second time in his career Larry Fitzgerald will play in the state he was raised in.
"Anytime I play against the Vikings, having a history and being a Vikings fan for so long, I want to win," Fitzgerald said. "Playing in front of friends and family and so many people growing up there, it's special."
Despite the memories, Fitzgerald remains focused on the current Vikings team and knows that they are a better team than their 0-4 record indicates.
"Jared Allen's playing the best of his career early right now, Brian Robison's playing very good, Chad Greenway is playing at an all-pro level," said Fitzgerald. "We have to do a good job of keeping those guys out of our backfield."
A road victory for the 1-3 Cardinals would be a huge boost of momentum for the team but Fitzgerald is aware the Vikings are a desperate team in search of it first win.
"Those guys are in the same predicament. They've lost games with leads going late into the second half and we've faced those same issues," said Fitzgerald.
Fitzgerald could put up big numbers against a poor pass defense but it won't mean much if they leave Minnesota without a win. Fitzgerald is 1-3 against his hometown team.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.