Updated Oct 5, 2011 - 8:43 pm
Larry Fitzgerald prepares for Minnesota homecoming
Sunday will mark the second time in his career Larry Fitzgerald will play in the state he was raised in.
"Anytime I play against the Vikings, having a history and being a Vikings fan for so long, I want to win," Fitzgerald said. "Playing in front of friends and family and so many people growing up there, it's special."
Despite the memories, Fitzgerald remains focused on the current Vikings team and knows that they are a better team than their 0-4 record indicates.
"Jared Allen's playing the best of his career early right now, Brian Robison's playing very good, Chad Greenway is playing at an all-pro level," said Fitzgerald. "We have to do a good job of keeping those guys out of our backfield."
A road victory for the 1-3 Cardinals would be a huge boost of momentum for the team but Fitzgerald is aware the Vikings are a desperate team in search of it first win.
"Those guys are in the same predicament. They've lost games with leads going late into the second half and we've faced those same issues," said Fitzgerald.
Fitzgerald could put up big numbers against a poor pass defense but it won't mean much if they leave Minnesota without a win. Fitzgerald is 1-3 against his hometown team.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.