Updated Oct 5, 2011 - 8:43 pm
Larry Fitzgerald prepares for Minnesota homecoming
Sunday will mark the second time in his career Larry Fitzgerald will play in the state he was raised in.
"Anytime I play against the Vikings, having a history and being a Vikings fan for so long, I want to win," Fitzgerald said. "Playing in front of friends and family and so many people growing up there, it's special."
Despite the memories, Fitzgerald remains focused on the current Vikings team and knows that they are a better team than their 0-4 record indicates.
"Jared Allen's playing the best of his career early right now, Brian Robison's playing very good, Chad Greenway is playing at an all-pro level," said Fitzgerald. "We have to do a good job of keeping those guys out of our backfield."
A road victory for the 1-3 Cardinals would be a huge boost of momentum for the team but Fitzgerald is aware the Vikings are a desperate team in search of it first win.
"Those guys are in the same predicament. They've lost games with leads going late into the second half and we've faced those same issues," said Fitzgerald.
Fitzgerald could put up big numbers against a poor pass defense but it won't mean much if they leave Minnesota without a win. Fitzgerald is 1-3 against his hometown team.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.