Updated Oct 5, 2011 - 8:43 pm
Larry Fitzgerald prepares for Minnesota homecoming
Sunday will mark the second time in his career Larry Fitzgerald will play in the state he was raised in.
"Anytime I play against the Vikings, having a history and being a Vikings fan for so long, I want to win," Fitzgerald said. "Playing in front of friends and family and so many people growing up there, it's special."
Despite the memories, Fitzgerald remains focused on the current Vikings team and knows that they are a better team than their 0-4 record indicates.
"Jared Allen's playing the best of his career early right now, Brian Robison's playing very good, Chad Greenway is playing at an all-pro level," said Fitzgerald. "We have to do a good job of keeping those guys out of our backfield."
A road victory for the 1-3 Cardinals would be a huge boost of momentum for the team but Fitzgerald is aware the Vikings are a desperate team in search of it first win.
"Those guys are in the same predicament. They've lost games with leads going late into the second half and we've faced those same issues," said Fitzgerald.
Fitzgerald could put up big numbers against a poor pass defense but it won't mean much if they leave Minnesota without a win. Fitzgerald is 1-3 against his hometown team.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves