Updated Oct 6, 2011 - 7:22 pm
McNabb's lax attitude leading to blown games
All joking aside, an odd coping mechanism could be the reason the Minnesota Vikings have blown leads and are sitting at 0-4.
"The knock against Donovan [McNabb]...is his intensity level is not what it needs to be, both throughout the week and during games," said Ron Wolfley, co-host of Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show. Wolfley was quick to add that this is not his opinion, but something he has heard around the NFL.
Apparently McNabb's way of coping with the pressure brought on by a close game is to start laughing and joking with his teammates. This may be a great way to break the tension, but Wolfley said that seeing a man who commands respect throughout the NFL, like McNabb, smiling his way through the fourth quarter is demoralizing.
"He is a king in the locker room and you can't have a mad king in the locker room," said Wolfley, adding that joking around after a loss -- especially a close one -- can take the intensity that is needed to improve for next week and drop it through the floor.
"Football is a sobering game and it's played by serious people," Wolfley said.
When the Cardinals come to town on Sunday, it is going to be a test for two teams who entered the seasons with high hopes and the glint of a possible stunner season in their eyes. Two teams who now have won just a single game between them.
We'll see who has the last laugh on Sunday.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!