Updated Oct 7, 2011 - 12:38 pm
Spencer: 'The guys have an amazing ability to rebound'
Despite going 1-3 so far this season, the Arizona Cardinals were in good spirits before heading to Minnesota for their Sunday match-up with the Vikings, Cardinals special teams coach Kevin Spencer said.
"The guys have an amazing ability to rebound," Spencer said. "If people could only have an inside look at the preparation and the guys' work, I mean, they still make mistakes, you still have to bark at them, but they have this resiliency and work ethic that really buoys my spirits, and certainly the other coaches, with the way the guys handle themselves."
While Spencer said the guys are more than aware of what the filmed showed and the tough challenge they have to play a Vikings team that apparently has fallen on hard times, he also said that the Cards have prepared and worked well this week.
When the Cards take the field on Sunday, it will be time to put their joking ways aside and focus on getting another notch in the W column, but hearing they are in good spirits after a bad loss against the Giants is encouraging to hear.
Hopefully some of that good attitude and strong bonds are on the plane for Minnesota and will bear a positive result in Week 5.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!