Updated Oct 7, 2011 - 12:38 pm
Spencer: 'The guys have an amazing ability to rebound'
Despite going 1-3 so far this season, the Arizona Cardinals were in good spirits before heading to Minnesota for their Sunday match-up with the Vikings, Cardinals special teams coach Kevin Spencer said.
"The guys have an amazing ability to rebound," Spencer said. "If people could only have an inside look at the preparation and the guys' work, I mean, they still make mistakes, you still have to bark at them, but they have this resiliency and work ethic that really buoys my spirits, and certainly the other coaches, with the way the guys handle themselves."
While Spencer said the guys are more than aware of what the filmed showed and the tough challenge they have to play a Vikings team that apparently has fallen on hard times, he also said that the Cards have prepared and worked well this week.
When the Cards take the field on Sunday, it will be time to put their joking ways aside and focus on getting another notch in the W column, but hearing they are in good spirits after a bad loss against the Giants is encouraging to hear.
Hopefully some of that good attitude and strong bonds are on the plane for Minnesota and will bear a positive result in Week 5.
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?