Updated Oct 7, 2011 - 12:38 pm
Spencer: 'The guys have an amazing ability to rebound'
Despite going 1-3 so far this season, the Arizona Cardinals were in good spirits before heading to Minnesota for their Sunday match-up with the Vikings, Cardinals special teams coach Kevin Spencer said.
"The guys have an amazing ability to rebound," Spencer said. "If people could only have an inside look at the preparation and the guys' work, I mean, they still make mistakes, you still have to bark at them, but they have this resiliency and work ethic that really buoys my spirits, and certainly the other coaches, with the way the guys handle themselves."
While Spencer said the guys are more than aware of what the filmed showed and the tough challenge they have to play a Vikings team that apparently has fallen on hard times, he also said that the Cards have prepared and worked well this week.
When the Cards take the field on Sunday, it will be time to put their joking ways aside and focus on getting another notch in the W column, but hearing they are in good spirits after a bad loss against the Giants is encouraging to hear.
Hopefully some of that good attitude and strong bonds are on the plane for Minnesota and will bear a positive result in Week 5.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?