Spencer: 'The guys have an amazing ability to rebound'
Despite going 1-3 so far this season, the Arizona Cardinals were in good spirits before heading to Minnesota for their Sunday match-up with the Vikings, Cardinals special teams coach Kevin Spencer said.
"The guys have an amazing ability to rebound," Spencer said. "If people could only have an inside look at the preparation and the guys' work, I mean, they still make mistakes, you still have to bark at them, but they have this resiliency and work ethic that really buoys my spirits, and certainly the other coaches, with the way the guys handle themselves."
While Spencer said the guys are more than aware of what the filmed showed and the tough challenge they have to play a Vikings team that apparently has fallen on hard times, he also said that the Cards have prepared and worked well this week.
When the Cards take the field on Sunday, it will be time to put their joking ways aside and focus on getting another notch in the W column, but hearing they are in good spirits after a bad loss against the Giants is encouraging to hear.
Hopefully some of that good attitude and strong bonds are on the plane for Minnesota and will bear a positive result in Week 5.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.