Updated Oct 7, 2011 - 12:38 pm
Spencer: 'The guys have an amazing ability to rebound'
Despite going 1-3 so far this season, the Arizona Cardinals were in good spirits before heading to Minnesota for their Sunday match-up with the Vikings, Cardinals special teams coach Kevin Spencer said.
"The guys have an amazing ability to rebound," Spencer said. "If people could only have an inside look at the preparation and the guys' work, I mean, they still make mistakes, you still have to bark at them, but they have this resiliency and work ethic that really buoys my spirits, and certainly the other coaches, with the way the guys handle themselves."
While Spencer said the guys are more than aware of what the filmed showed and the tough challenge they have to play a Vikings team that apparently has fallen on hard times, he also said that the Cards have prepared and worked well this week.
When the Cards take the field on Sunday, it will be time to put their joking ways aside and focus on getting another notch in the W column, but hearing they are in good spirits after a bad loss against the Giants is encouraging to hear.
Hopefully some of that good attitude and strong bonds are on the plane for Minnesota and will bear a positive result in Week 5.
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?