Updated Oct 10, 2011 - 4:32 pm
Heap says Cardinals need to focus on the little things
Heap, who was out with a hamstring injury, believes the team needs to stress attention to detail.
"I think you need to go back and look at things with a finer tooth comb when you've lost four games in a row," Heap told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "Obviously you can cover up a lot of things by winning but when you win a game that doesn't mean everything was perfect."
Heap thinks the team should go back to the basics to iron out the details.
Another issue the tight end thinks the team needs to work on is trust in each other.
"I think everybody needs a little more focus," Heap said. "It's trusting that everybody is going to be doing what they're supposed to be doing on each play. I think that definitely needs to improve."
Along with the trust issues Heap believes mental inconsistency is handicapping the team.
"If you take all 11 guys and say 'Okay this guy is going to have a mental error on this play and every guy has one play or two plays' that's literally every play in the game," Heap said. "So it's all 11 guys being on the same page, if you take care of the little details and that builds consistency and everybody needs to look at themselves and say 'how can I do that?'"
Even though the Cardinals have struggled, Heap is still excited about where this team can go.
"Well I haven't lost that yet," Heap said about being happy that he's a Cardinal. "I don't think I'm sitting here all down on everything. It is frustrating, but you look at three of the games and it was a couple plays here and there and you got to change that culture to where those plays are falling in your favor."
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.