Heap says Cardinals need to focus on the little things
Heap, who was out with a hamstring injury, believes the team needs to stress attention to detail.
"I think you need to go back and look at things with a finer tooth comb when you've lost four games in a row," Heap told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "Obviously you can cover up a lot of things by winning but when you win a game that doesn't mean everything was perfect."
Heap thinks the team should go back to the basics to iron out the details.
Another issue the tight end thinks the team needs to work on is trust in each other.
"I think everybody needs a little more focus," Heap said. "It's trusting that everybody is going to be doing what they're supposed to be doing on each play. I think that definitely needs to improve."
Along with the trust issues Heap believes mental inconsistency is handicapping the team.
"If you take all 11 guys and say 'Okay this guy is going to have a mental error on this play and every guy has one play or two plays' that's literally every play in the game," Heap said. "So it's all 11 guys being on the same page, if you take care of the little details and that builds consistency and everybody needs to look at themselves and say 'how can I do that?'"
Even though the Cardinals have struggled, Heap is still excited about where this team can go.
"Well I haven't lost that yet," Heap said about being happy that he's a Cardinal. "I don't think I'm sitting here all down on everything. It is frustrating, but you look at three of the games and it was a couple plays here and there and you got to change that culture to where those plays are falling in your favor."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.