Updated Oct 10, 2011 - 4:32 pm
Heap says Cardinals need to focus on the little things
Heap, who was out with a hamstring injury, believes the team needs to stress attention to detail.
"I think you need to go back and look at things with a finer tooth comb when you've lost four games in a row," Heap told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "Obviously you can cover up a lot of things by winning but when you win a game that doesn't mean everything was perfect."
Heap thinks the team should go back to the basics to iron out the details.
Another issue the tight end thinks the team needs to work on is trust in each other.
"I think everybody needs a little more focus," Heap said. "It's trusting that everybody is going to be doing what they're supposed to be doing on each play. I think that definitely needs to improve."
Along with the trust issues Heap believes mental inconsistency is handicapping the team.
"If you take all 11 guys and say 'Okay this guy is going to have a mental error on this play and every guy has one play or two plays' that's literally every play in the game," Heap said. "So it's all 11 guys being on the same page, if you take care of the little details and that builds consistency and everybody needs to look at themselves and say 'how can I do that?'"
Even though the Cardinals have struggled, Heap is still excited about where this team can go.
"Well I haven't lost that yet," Heap said about being happy that he's a Cardinal. "I don't think I'm sitting here all down on everything. It is frustrating, but you look at three of the games and it was a couple plays here and there and you got to change that culture to where those plays are falling in your favor."
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?