Updated Oct 10, 2011 - 12:21 pm
Rhodes' broken foot leaves Cards' secondary thinner
Rhodes, who left Sunday's 34-10 loss to the Minnesota Vikings at Mall of America Field, will be out for an extended period of time with a foot injury.
"He has a broken bone in his foot," Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said during his Monday press conference. "It's not going to be season ending, but he will miss some weeks."
Rhodes, who is the Cardinals' fourth-leading tackler on the season with 24 total, will be replaced in the starting lineup by third-year pro Rashad Johnson.
But Whisenhunt also indicated that the Cardinals will scour the waiver wire and/or practice squad rosters to find help.
"We'll obviously look and see what's available to us, potentially bring in some guys and work them out, see if we can get an extra body, because you certainly need that," Whisenhunt said.
The Cardinals head into their bye week at 1-4 and will resume regular season play October 23rd against the Pittsburgh Steelers at University of Phoenix Stadium.
ArizonaSports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report.
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.