Updated Oct 10, 2011 - 12:21 pm
Rhodes' broken foot leaves Cards' secondary thinner
Rhodes, who left Sunday's 34-10 loss to the Minnesota Vikings at Mall of America Field, will be out for an extended period of time with a foot injury.
"He has a broken bone in his foot," Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said during his Monday press conference. "It's not going to be season ending, but he will miss some weeks."
Rhodes, who is the Cardinals' fourth-leading tackler on the season with 24 total, will be replaced in the starting lineup by third-year pro Rashad Johnson.
But Whisenhunt also indicated that the Cardinals will scour the waiver wire and/or practice squad rosters to find help.
"We'll obviously look and see what's available to us, potentially bring in some guys and work them out, see if we can get an extra body, because you certainly need that," Whisenhunt said.
The Cardinals head into their bye week at 1-4 and will resume regular season play October 23rd against the Pittsburgh Steelers at University of Phoenix Stadium.
ArizonaSports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report.
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?