Updated Oct 10, 2011 - 12:21 pm
Rhodes' broken foot leaves Cards' secondary thinner
Rhodes, who left Sunday's 34-10 loss to the Minnesota Vikings at Mall of America Field, will be out for an extended period of time with a foot injury.
"He has a broken bone in his foot," Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said during his Monday press conference. "It's not going to be season ending, but he will miss some weeks."
Rhodes, who is the Cardinals' fourth-leading tackler on the season with 24 total, will be replaced in the starting lineup by third-year pro Rashad Johnson.
But Whisenhunt also indicated that the Cardinals will scour the waiver wire and/or practice squad rosters to find help.
"We'll obviously look and see what's available to us, potentially bring in some guys and work them out, see if we can get an extra body, because you certainly need that," Whisenhunt said.
The Cardinals head into their bye week at 1-4 and will resume regular season play October 23rd against the Pittsburgh Steelers at University of Phoenix Stadium.
ArizonaSports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.