Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 10:02 am
Cardinals hold players only meeting
After a free agency period that saw the Cardinals mentioned alongside the Philadelphia Eagles as the most aggressive franchise, optimism was high.
After four consecutive losses and a 1-4 record heading into their bye week, that is no longer the case.
Even though this is their bye week, the Cardinals gathered at their Tempe training facility for a rare Tuesday practice and afterward held a players only meeting.
Safety Rashad Johnson, now a starter due to the foot injury to Kerry Rhodes, spoke Tuesday on the meeting.
"[It was] just a private meeting between the players and everybody talked about things that are going on and how we can fix it," he said. "This is our team, we're the guys that step on the field, so we all just talked about that and I think a lot was accomplished."
Defensive end Calais Campbell didn't speak specifically about the players-only meeting, but did say that each member of the roster needs to look within to get the season on the right track.
"It starts with yourself," Campbell said. "You've got to figure out 'what can I do better to help this team win games?'"
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?