Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 10:02 am
Cardinals hold players only meeting
After a free agency period that saw the Cardinals mentioned alongside the Philadelphia Eagles as the most aggressive franchise, optimism was high.
After four consecutive losses and a 1-4 record heading into their bye week, that is no longer the case.
Even though this is their bye week, the Cardinals gathered at their Tempe training facility for a rare Tuesday practice and afterward held a players only meeting.
Safety Rashad Johnson, now a starter due to the foot injury to Kerry Rhodes, spoke Tuesday on the meeting.
"[It was] just a private meeting between the players and everybody talked about things that are going on and how we can fix it," he said. "This is our team, we're the guys that step on the field, so we all just talked about that and I think a lot was accomplished."
Defensive end Calais Campbell didn't speak specifically about the players-only meeting, but did say that each member of the roster needs to look within to get the season on the right track.
"It starts with yourself," Campbell said. "You've got to figure out 'what can I do better to help this team win games?'"
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.