Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 10:02 am
Cardinals hold players only meeting
After a free agency period that saw the Cardinals mentioned alongside the Philadelphia Eagles as the most aggressive franchise, optimism was high.
After four consecutive losses and a 1-4 record heading into their bye week, that is no longer the case.
Even though this is their bye week, the Cardinals gathered at their Tempe training facility for a rare Tuesday practice and afterward held a players only meeting.
Safety Rashad Johnson, now a starter due to the foot injury to Kerry Rhodes, spoke Tuesday on the meeting.
"[It was] just a private meeting between the players and everybody talked about things that are going on and how we can fix it," he said. "This is our team, we're the guys that step on the field, so we all just talked about that and I think a lot was accomplished."
Defensive end Calais Campbell didn't speak specifically about the players-only meeting, but did say that each member of the roster needs to look within to get the season on the right track.
"It starts with yourself," Campbell said. "You've got to figure out 'what can I do better to help this team win games?'"
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.