Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 12:42 pm
Kolb clarifies comments
That prompted quarterback Kevin Kolb to agree with his coach while talking to reporters on Sunday.
"(Whisenhunt)hit the nail on the head. We have to get more detail-oriented. It starts with meetings, showing up to work on time, getting in early, getting your work done, and all the stuff a professional is supposed to do. Maybe it takes a game like this to figure out," Kolb said.
On Wednesday, following the team's final bye week practice, Kolb clarified his remarks.
"I'm not saying guys were late to meetings," Kolb said. "I just meant when you're in a situation like this the only way you get better is you tighten things up. Not your emotions, not your play, you just tighten up all the little details."
Kolb has been the target of criticism by fans who pin much of the Cardinals' 1-4 start on his performance. The five- year veteran has seen his quarterback rating fall to 77.2, which is 27th in the league.
Kolb went on to talk about personal responsibility for his play before adding, "I didn't say it right. I think people know me well enough to know I wouldn't point the finger at anybody else, and I definitely didn't mean for it to come out that way."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.