Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 12:42 pm
Kolb clarifies comments
That prompted quarterback Kevin Kolb to agree with his coach while talking to reporters on Sunday.
"(Whisenhunt)hit the nail on the head. We have to get more detail-oriented. It starts with meetings, showing up to work on time, getting in early, getting your work done, and all the stuff a professional is supposed to do. Maybe it takes a game like this to figure out," Kolb said.
On Wednesday, following the team's final bye week practice, Kolb clarified his remarks.
"I'm not saying guys were late to meetings," Kolb said. "I just meant when you're in a situation like this the only way you get better is you tighten things up. Not your emotions, not your play, you just tighten up all the little details."
Kolb has been the target of criticism by fans who pin much of the Cardinals' 1-4 start on his performance. The five- year veteran has seen his quarterback rating fall to 77.2, which is 27th in the league.
Kolb went on to talk about personal responsibility for his play before adding, "I didn't say it right. I think people know me well enough to know I wouldn't point the finger at anybody else, and I definitely didn't mean for it to come out that way."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.