Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 12:42 pm
Kolb clarifies comments
That prompted quarterback Kevin Kolb to agree with his coach while talking to reporters on Sunday.
"(Whisenhunt)hit the nail on the head. We have to get more detail-oriented. It starts with meetings, showing up to work on time, getting in early, getting your work done, and all the stuff a professional is supposed to do. Maybe it takes a game like this to figure out," Kolb said.
On Wednesday, following the team's final bye week practice, Kolb clarified his remarks.
"I'm not saying guys were late to meetings," Kolb said. "I just meant when you're in a situation like this the only way you get better is you tighten things up. Not your emotions, not your play, you just tighten up all the little details."
Kolb has been the target of criticism by fans who pin much of the Cardinals' 1-4 start on his performance. The five- year veteran has seen his quarterback rating fall to 77.2, which is 27th in the league.
Kolb went on to talk about personal responsibility for his play before adding, "I didn't say it right. I think people know me well enough to know I wouldn't point the finger at anybody else, and I definitely didn't mean for it to come out that way."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals wrap up preseason with some telling stats: By The Numbers
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.