Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 12:42 pm
Kolb clarifies comments
That prompted quarterback Kevin Kolb to agree with his coach while talking to reporters on Sunday.
"(Whisenhunt)hit the nail on the head. We have to get more detail-oriented. It starts with meetings, showing up to work on time, getting in early, getting your work done, and all the stuff a professional is supposed to do. Maybe it takes a game like this to figure out," Kolb said.
On Wednesday, following the team's final bye week practice, Kolb clarified his remarks.
"I'm not saying guys were late to meetings," Kolb said. "I just meant when you're in a situation like this the only way you get better is you tighten things up. Not your emotions, not your play, you just tighten up all the little details."
Kolb has been the target of criticism by fans who pin much of the Cardinals' 1-4 start on his performance. The five- year veteran has seen his quarterback rating fall to 77.2, which is 27th in the league.
Kolb went on to talk about personal responsibility for his play before adding, "I didn't say it right. I think people know me well enough to know I wouldn't point the finger at anybody else, and I definitely didn't mean for it to come out that way."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.