Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 12:42 pm
Kolb clarifies comments
That prompted quarterback Kevin Kolb to agree with his coach while talking to reporters on Sunday.
"(Whisenhunt)hit the nail on the head. We have to get more detail-oriented. It starts with meetings, showing up to work on time, getting in early, getting your work done, and all the stuff a professional is supposed to do. Maybe it takes a game like this to figure out," Kolb said.
On Wednesday, following the team's final bye week practice, Kolb clarified his remarks.
"I'm not saying guys were late to meetings," Kolb said. "I just meant when you're in a situation like this the only way you get better is you tighten things up. Not your emotions, not your play, you just tighten up all the little details."
Kolb has been the target of criticism by fans who pin much of the Cardinals' 1-4 start on his performance. The five- year veteran has seen his quarterback rating fall to 77.2, which is 27th in the league.
Kolb went on to talk about personal responsibility for his play before adding, "I didn't say it right. I think people know me well enough to know I wouldn't point the finger at anybody else, and I definitely didn't mean for it to come out that way."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.