Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 5:32 pm
Veteran LB Joey Porter thinks bye came at right time
"It's come to that point to where it's getting real thick around here. It's tough. We lost some games that we feel like we should've won," Porter said. "It's time for guys to get a clear mind and re-set. We just have to re-dedicate. Re-dedicate yourself and go out and play some good football."
Several players talked about using this week to get healthy. They need a good combination of rest, mentally and physically, but also have to be smart. Porter said he talked to the young guys about that too.
"Don't do anything silly that's gonna hurt you or the team with this four or five days that you're gonna have off. Be smart about it. No time for you to have too much fun and have your name come across the ticker getting in trouble somewhere you not supposed to be. I think the guys know right now is not the time to be doing anything silly to be getting in trouble."
One thing is for sure, the mood in the locker room Wednesday was light and the guys seemed ready for a break after two months of work. We'll find out next Sunday if the break did them any good.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?