Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 5:32 pm
Veteran LB Joey Porter thinks bye came at right time
"It's come to that point to where it's getting real thick around here. It's tough. We lost some games that we feel like we should've won," Porter said. "It's time for guys to get a clear mind and re-set. We just have to re-dedicate. Re-dedicate yourself and go out and play some good football."
Several players talked about using this week to get healthy. They need a good combination of rest, mentally and physically, but also have to be smart. Porter said he talked to the young guys about that too.
"Don't do anything silly that's gonna hurt you or the team with this four or five days that you're gonna have off. Be smart about it. No time for you to have too much fun and have your name come across the ticker getting in trouble somewhere you not supposed to be. I think the guys know right now is not the time to be doing anything silly to be getting in trouble."
One thing is for sure, the mood in the locker room Wednesday was light and the guys seemed ready for a break after two months of work. We'll find out next Sunday if the break did them any good.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.