Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 5:32 pm
Veteran LB Joey Porter thinks bye came at right time
"It's come to that point to where it's getting real thick around here. It's tough. We lost some games that we feel like we should've won," Porter said. "It's time for guys to get a clear mind and re-set. We just have to re-dedicate. Re-dedicate yourself and go out and play some good football."
Several players talked about using this week to get healthy. They need a good combination of rest, mentally and physically, but also have to be smart. Porter said he talked to the young guys about that too.
"Don't do anything silly that's gonna hurt you or the team with this four or five days that you're gonna have off. Be smart about it. No time for you to have too much fun and have your name come across the ticker getting in trouble somewhere you not supposed to be. I think the guys know right now is not the time to be doing anything silly to be getting in trouble."
One thing is for sure, the mood in the locker room Wednesday was light and the guys seemed ready for a break after two months of work. We'll find out next Sunday if the break did them any good.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.