Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 5:32 pm
Veteran LB Joey Porter thinks bye came at right time
"It's come to that point to where it's getting real thick around here. It's tough. We lost some games that we feel like we should've won," Porter said. "It's time for guys to get a clear mind and re-set. We just have to re-dedicate. Re-dedicate yourself and go out and play some good football."
Several players talked about using this week to get healthy. They need a good combination of rest, mentally and physically, but also have to be smart. Porter said he talked to the young guys about that too.
"Don't do anything silly that's gonna hurt you or the team with this four or five days that you're gonna have off. Be smart about it. No time for you to have too much fun and have your name come across the ticker getting in trouble somewhere you not supposed to be. I think the guys know right now is not the time to be doing anything silly to be getting in trouble."
One thing is for sure, the mood in the locker room Wednesday was light and the guys seemed ready for a break after two months of work. We'll find out next Sunday if the break did them any good.
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.