Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 8:30 pm
Wolf: Kolb must back words up with play
Kevin Kolb is saying all the right things. He talks about taking charge, playing as a group and believing in yourself.
But it only matters if he can do those things and then turn them into victories.
Ron Wolfley, co-host of Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show, believes that as long as there is a chance, the 1-4 Cardinals can get themselves back into a division race.
"I believe Kevin Kolb and what he says and the fact that they can get back in this thing," Wolfley said.
In order to get back in it, however, Wolfley said that the leaders in the locker room have to step up and take charge.
"The Cardinals back is against the wall and when your back is against the wall, as a competitor, there's only one thing you can do and that's come out swinging," Wolfley said.
Easier said than done.
The Cardinals need their leaders to step up and back their words up if they want to turn this season around.
"You need leaders to show the other guys how to do that," Wolfley said. "Leaders do, they don't say."
It is a good start for Kolb to say the right things. But the Cardinals need someone who backs his words up with actions.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.