Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 8:30 pm
Wolf: Kolb must back words up with play
Kevin Kolb is saying all the right things. He talks about taking charge, playing as a group and believing in yourself.
But it only matters if he can do those things and then turn them into victories.
Ron Wolfley, co-host of Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show, believes that as long as there is a chance, the 1-4 Cardinals can get themselves back into a division race.
"I believe Kevin Kolb and what he says and the fact that they can get back in this thing," Wolfley said.
In order to get back in it, however, Wolfley said that the leaders in the locker room have to step up and take charge.
"The Cardinals back is against the wall and when your back is against the wall, as a competitor, there's only one thing you can do and that's come out swinging," Wolfley said.
Easier said than done.
The Cardinals need their leaders to step up and back their words up if they want to turn this season around.
"You need leaders to show the other guys how to do that," Wolfley said. "Leaders do, they don't say."
It is a good start for Kolb to say the right things. But the Cardinals need someone who backs his words up with actions.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.