Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 8:30 pm
Wolf: Kolb must back words up with play
Kevin Kolb is saying all the right things. He talks about taking charge, playing as a group and believing in yourself.
But it only matters if he can do those things and then turn them into victories.
Ron Wolfley, co-host of Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show, believes that as long as there is a chance, the 1-4 Cardinals can get themselves back into a division race.
"I believe Kevin Kolb and what he says and the fact that they can get back in this thing," Wolfley said.
In order to get back in it, however, Wolfley said that the leaders in the locker room have to step up and take charge.
"The Cardinals back is against the wall and when your back is against the wall, as a competitor, there's only one thing you can do and that's come out swinging," Wolfley said.
Easier said than done.
The Cardinals need their leaders to step up and back their words up if they want to turn this season around.
"You need leaders to show the other guys how to do that," Wolfley said. "Leaders do, they don't say."
It is a good start for Kolb to say the right things. But the Cardinals need someone who backs his words up with actions.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.