Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 8:30 pm
Wolf: Kolb must back words up with play
Kevin Kolb is saying all the right things. He talks about taking charge, playing as a group and believing in yourself.
But it only matters if he can do those things and then turn them into victories.
Ron Wolfley, co-host of Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show, believes that as long as there is a chance, the 1-4 Cardinals can get themselves back into a division race.
"I believe Kevin Kolb and what he says and the fact that they can get back in this thing," Wolfley said.
In order to get back in it, however, Wolfley said that the leaders in the locker room have to step up and take charge.
"The Cardinals back is against the wall and when your back is against the wall, as a competitor, there's only one thing you can do and that's come out swinging," Wolfley said.
Easier said than done.
The Cardinals need their leaders to step up and back their words up if they want to turn this season around.
"You need leaders to show the other guys how to do that," Wolfley said. "Leaders do, they don't say."
It is a good start for Kolb to say the right things. But the Cardinals need someone who backs his words up with actions.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.