Updated Oct 12, 2011 - 8:30 pm
Wolf: Kolb must back words up with play
Kevin Kolb is saying all the right things. He talks about taking charge, playing as a group and believing in yourself.
But it only matters if he can do those things and then turn them into victories.
Ron Wolfley, co-host of Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show, believes that as long as there is a chance, the 1-4 Cardinals can get themselves back into a division race.
"I believe Kevin Kolb and what he says and the fact that they can get back in this thing," Wolfley said.
In order to get back in it, however, Wolfley said that the leaders in the locker room have to step up and take charge.
"The Cardinals back is against the wall and when your back is against the wall, as a competitor, there's only one thing you can do and that's come out swinging," Wolfley said.
Easier said than done.
The Cardinals need their leaders to step up and back their words up if they want to turn this season around.
"You need leaders to show the other guys how to do that," Wolfley said. "Leaders do, they don't say."
It is a good start for Kolb to say the right things. But the Cardinals need someone who backs his words up with actions.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?