Updated Oct 23, 2011 - 8:45 pm
Arizona's Wells leaves game with right knee sprain
GLENDALE, Ariz. — Arizona running back Beanie Wells left Sunday's game against Pittsburgh in the second quarter with a right knee sprain. His return was questionable.
The third-year pro from Ohio State had 42 yards on 12 carries before leaving for the locker room at the two-minute warning. Wells missed the third game of the season, at Seattle, with a hamstring injury.
Wells' first-half performance had put him at 423 yards rushing for the season, more than he gained in all of 2010 when he was slowed by injuries.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive lineman
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.