Updated Oct 24, 2011 - 5:51 pm
Heap says team still believes in Kolb
PHOENIX - With the Arizona Cardinals loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, many are starting to question whether Kevin Kolb is the answer at quarterback for the team.
Don't count tight end Todd Heap as one of them saying the rest of the team hasn't lost confidence or hope in their new signal-caller.
"There's no question in my mind he's got that ability and mindset. Guys in the locker room don't doubt what he can do," said Heap on the Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo show Monday.
The Cardinals tight end believes the rest of the team needs to do a better job helping Kolb be successful.
"Everybody always thinks he's the guy that has to get it done, but it's all 11 guys out there and everybody has to do their job and help him do his job," said Heap.
It hasn't helped that the former Pro Bowl tight end has missed the last two games and admits the team is frustrated with their 1-5 start.
"It's frustrating not only for me but for everybody in this locker room. You have high hopes and everything in front of you that you want to do and to be this far in the season with only one win is about as frustrating as it gets," said Heap.
Kolb is starting to take criticism for his poor decision-making and sloppy footwork in the pocket but Heap believes he has the fortitude to recover from his poor start to become a franchise quarterback for Arizona.
"He's a strong willed guy. I don't see this affecting him mentally. He knows there's going to be ups and downs."
"I see him bouncing back and being a great quarterback," said Heap.
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.