Updated Oct 24, 2011 - 5:51 pm
Heap says team still believes in Kolb
PHOENIX - With the Arizona Cardinals loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, many are starting to question whether Kevin Kolb is the answer at quarterback for the team.
Don't count tight end Todd Heap as one of them saying the rest of the team hasn't lost confidence or hope in their new signal-caller.
"There's no question in my mind he's got that ability and mindset. Guys in the locker room don't doubt what he can do," said Heap on the Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo show Monday.
The Cardinals tight end believes the rest of the team needs to do a better job helping Kolb be successful.
"Everybody always thinks he's the guy that has to get it done, but it's all 11 guys out there and everybody has to do their job and help him do his job," said Heap.
It hasn't helped that the former Pro Bowl tight end has missed the last two games and admits the team is frustrated with their 1-5 start.
"It's frustrating not only for me but for everybody in this locker room. You have high hopes and everything in front of you that you want to do and to be this far in the season with only one win is about as frustrating as it gets," said Heap.
Kolb is starting to take criticism for his poor decision-making and sloppy footwork in the pocket but Heap believes he has the fortitude to recover from his poor start to become a franchise quarterback for Arizona.
"He's a strong willed guy. I don't see this affecting him mentally. He knows there's going to be ups and downs."
"I see him bouncing back and being a great quarterback," said Heap.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.