Updated Oct 24, 2011 - 5:51 pm
Heap says team still believes in Kolb
PHOENIX - With the Arizona Cardinals loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, many are starting to question whether Kevin Kolb is the answer at quarterback for the team.
Don't count tight end Todd Heap as one of them saying the rest of the team hasn't lost confidence or hope in their new signal-caller.
"There's no question in my mind he's got that ability and mindset. Guys in the locker room don't doubt what he can do," said Heap on the Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo show Monday.
The Cardinals tight end believes the rest of the team needs to do a better job helping Kolb be successful.
"Everybody always thinks he's the guy that has to get it done, but it's all 11 guys out there and everybody has to do their job and help him do his job," said Heap.
It hasn't helped that the former Pro Bowl tight end has missed the last two games and admits the team is frustrated with their 1-5 start.
"It's frustrating not only for me but for everybody in this locker room. You have high hopes and everything in front of you that you want to do and to be this far in the season with only one win is about as frustrating as it gets," said Heap.
Kolb is starting to take criticism for his poor decision-making and sloppy footwork in the pocket but Heap believes he has the fortitude to recover from his poor start to become a franchise quarterback for Arizona.
"He's a strong willed guy. I don't see this affecting him mentally. He knows there's going to be ups and downs."
"I see him bouncing back and being a great quarterback," said Heap.
- A 'confident' Andre Ellington excited about increased role with Arizona Cardinals
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Fighting not tolerated in Cardinals camp
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.