Updated Oct 24, 2011 - 4:47 pm
Kevin Kolb an experienced rookie?
Kolb's season started off promising with a two touchdown, 309 yard performance in the Cardinals' Week 1 victory over the Panthers, but the wheels have fallen from there.
Since that win Kolb's completion percentage and quarterback rating have fallen significantly, and the Cardinals have lost every time out.
On Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, Ron Wolfley said that Kolb is actually regressing, not progressing.
"If there is such a thing as an experienced rookie, that's what we're looking at," Wolfley said. "Here's a guy, seven starts in four years, came into this season not having the OTA's, there's no doubt about that I believe that has set him back, but he's just not progressing at the rate that I thought he was going to."
Even though this is Kolb's first season in a new system the same can be said for Matt Hasselbeck, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton. All three are arguably having better seasons than Kolb and two -- Dalton and Hasselbeck -- have winning records as starters this season.
Wolfley said Kolb will need time to progress, but that time table starts now.
"The evaluation of Kevin Kolb has to continue," Wolfley said. "At some point in time he's got to progress and he has in some areas but overall and lets face it overall he's got to continue to progress."
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.