Updated Oct 24, 2011 - 4:47 pm
Kevin Kolb an experienced rookie?
Kolb's season started off promising with a two touchdown, 309 yard performance in the Cardinals' Week 1 victory over the Panthers, but the wheels have fallen from there.
Since that win Kolb's completion percentage and quarterback rating have fallen significantly, and the Cardinals have lost every time out.
On Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, Ron Wolfley said that Kolb is actually regressing, not progressing.
"If there is such a thing as an experienced rookie, that's what we're looking at," Wolfley said. "Here's a guy, seven starts in four years, came into this season not having the OTA's, there's no doubt about that I believe that has set him back, but he's just not progressing at the rate that I thought he was going to."
Even though this is Kolb's first season in a new system the same can be said for Matt Hasselbeck, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton. All three are arguably having better seasons than Kolb and two -- Dalton and Hasselbeck -- have winning records as starters this season.
Wolfley said Kolb will need time to progress, but that time table starts now.
"The evaluation of Kevin Kolb has to continue," Wolfley said. "At some point in time he's got to progress and he has in some areas but overall and lets face it overall he's got to continue to progress."
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!