Updated Oct 24, 2011 - 4:47 pm
Kevin Kolb an experienced rookie?
Kolb's season started off promising with a two touchdown, 309 yard performance in the Cardinals' Week 1 victory over the Panthers, but the wheels have fallen from there.
Since that win Kolb's completion percentage and quarterback rating have fallen significantly, and the Cardinals have lost every time out.
On Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, Ron Wolfley said that Kolb is actually regressing, not progressing.
"If there is such a thing as an experienced rookie, that's what we're looking at," Wolfley said. "Here's a guy, seven starts in four years, came into this season not having the OTA's, there's no doubt about that I believe that has set him back, but he's just not progressing at the rate that I thought he was going to."
Even though this is Kolb's first season in a new system the same can be said for Matt Hasselbeck, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton. All three are arguably having better seasons than Kolb and two -- Dalton and Hasselbeck -- have winning records as starters this season.
Wolfley said Kolb will need time to progress, but that time table starts now.
"The evaluation of Kevin Kolb has to continue," Wolfley said. "At some point in time he's got to progress and he has in some areas but overall and lets face it overall he's got to continue to progress."
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.