Updated Oct 24, 2011 - 4:47 pm
Kevin Kolb an experienced rookie?
Kolb's season started off promising with a two touchdown, 309 yard performance in the Cardinals' Week 1 victory over the Panthers, but the wheels have fallen from there.
Since that win Kolb's completion percentage and quarterback rating have fallen significantly, and the Cardinals have lost every time out.
On Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, Ron Wolfley said that Kolb is actually regressing, not progressing.
"If there is such a thing as an experienced rookie, that's what we're looking at," Wolfley said. "Here's a guy, seven starts in four years, came into this season not having the OTA's, there's no doubt about that I believe that has set him back, but he's just not progressing at the rate that I thought he was going to."
Even though this is Kolb's first season in a new system the same can be said for Matt Hasselbeck, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton. All three are arguably having better seasons than Kolb and two -- Dalton and Hasselbeck -- have winning records as starters this season.
Wolfley said Kolb will need time to progress, but that time table starts now.
"The evaluation of Kevin Kolb has to continue," Wolfley said. "At some point in time he's got to progress and he has in some areas but overall and lets face it overall he's got to continue to progress."
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.