Updated Oct 24, 2011 - 4:05 pm
Raise the white flag? No, that's not how it's done
There will be no division title, no wild card berth, no magical playoff run and no Super Bowl.
Honestly, at this point, nobody can even guarantee that there will be anymore wins.
That, however, doesn't mean it's time to enter the Andrew Luck sweepstakes, where teams may be trying to lose games in an effort to land the number one pick in next April's draft.
"I would never fly the white flag," Arizona Sports 620's Ron Wolfley said. "If you're talking about going out and losing games so that you can draft Andrew Luck, you are absolutely out of your mind if that is your plan, organizationally.
"That is not the way you ought to be thinking at all."
Wolfley said there would be no bigger blemish or disgrace on any player's reputation if they were to quit on a season.
That doesn't mean, however, the Cardinals should not give their younger players more snaps to see what they can do.
"You're one and five right now for a reason," Wolfley said.
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves