Updated Oct 24, 2011 - 4:05 pm
Raise the white flag? No, that's not how it's done
There will be no division title, no wild card berth, no magical playoff run and no Super Bowl.
Honestly, at this point, nobody can even guarantee that there will be anymore wins.
That, however, doesn't mean it's time to enter the Andrew Luck sweepstakes, where teams may be trying to lose games in an effort to land the number one pick in next April's draft.
"I would never fly the white flag," Arizona Sports 620's Ron Wolfley said. "If you're talking about going out and losing games so that you can draft Andrew Luck, you are absolutely out of your mind if that is your plan, organizationally.
"That is not the way you ought to be thinking at all."
Wolfley said there would be no bigger blemish or disgrace on any player's reputation if they were to quit on a season.
That doesn't mean, however, the Cardinals should not give their younger players more snaps to see what they can do.
"You're one and five right now for a reason," Wolfley said.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?