Updated Oct 24, 2011 - 4:05 pm
Raise the white flag? No, that's not how it's done
There will be no division title, no wild card berth, no magical playoff run and no Super Bowl.
Honestly, at this point, nobody can even guarantee that there will be anymore wins.
That, however, doesn't mean it's time to enter the Andrew Luck sweepstakes, where teams may be trying to lose games in an effort to land the number one pick in next April's draft.
"I would never fly the white flag," Arizona Sports 620's Ron Wolfley said. "If you're talking about going out and losing games so that you can draft Andrew Luck, you are absolutely out of your mind if that is your plan, organizationally.
"That is not the way you ought to be thinking at all."
Wolfley said there would be no bigger blemish or disgrace on any player's reputation if they were to quit on a season.
That doesn't mean, however, the Cardinals should not give their younger players more snaps to see what they can do.
"You're one and five right now for a reason," Wolfley said.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.