Updated Oct 24, 2011 - 4:05 pm
Raise the white flag? No, that's not how it's done
There will be no division title, no wild card berth, no magical playoff run and no Super Bowl.
Honestly, at this point, nobody can even guarantee that there will be anymore wins.
That, however, doesn't mean it's time to enter the Andrew Luck sweepstakes, where teams may be trying to lose games in an effort to land the number one pick in next April's draft.
"I would never fly the white flag," Arizona Sports 620's Ron Wolfley said. "If you're talking about going out and losing games so that you can draft Andrew Luck, you are absolutely out of your mind if that is your plan, organizationally.
"That is not the way you ought to be thinking at all."
Wolfley said there would be no bigger blemish or disgrace on any player's reputation if they were to quit on a season.
That doesn't mean, however, the Cardinals should not give their younger players more snaps to see what they can do.
"You're one and five right now for a reason," Wolfley said.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!