Updated Oct 24, 2011 - 4:05 pm
Raise the white flag? No, that's not how it's done
There will be no division title, no wild card berth, no magical playoff run and no Super Bowl.
Honestly, at this point, nobody can even guarantee that there will be anymore wins.
That, however, doesn't mean it's time to enter the Andrew Luck sweepstakes, where teams may be trying to lose games in an effort to land the number one pick in next April's draft.
"I would never fly the white flag," Arizona Sports 620's Ron Wolfley said. "If you're talking about going out and losing games so that you can draft Andrew Luck, you are absolutely out of your mind if that is your plan, organizationally.
"That is not the way you ought to be thinking at all."
Wolfley said there would be no bigger blemish or disgrace on any player's reputation if they were to quit on a season.
That doesn't mean, however, the Cardinals should not give their younger players more snaps to see what they can do.
"You're one and five right now for a reason," Wolfley said.
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Cardinals' 30-10 win over the Rams: By the numbers
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals vs. St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer to start vs. St. Louis Rams
- The Pulse: Fans confident in a Cardinals win vs. Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?