Cardinals O-line did a good job against Pittsburgh
Much of it has been deserved, as Kevin Kolb has been sacked 18 times in six games and the running game, while solid, is nothing special.
However, as Pro Football Focus points out, the group had a pretty decent game Sunday against Pittsburgh, instead placing much of the blame on the team's quarterback.
The Steelers only generated pressure on 12 of 37 drop backs (though it seemed a lot more given how happy Kolb's feet were), and it resulted in two sacks, an interception, and numerous overthrows. This doesn't even include the safety he took when he decided the safest place to run from Lamarr Woodley was his own end zone.
So while it may be popular to point to the line when the QB is rolling out, it's worth noting that much of the pressure appears to be of the self-made variety.
Even more, everyone's favorite punching bag (or turnstile, if you're a defensive end) Levi Brown had himself quite the game.
It's about time someone wrote something nice about Levi Brown (+3.1). He had one of those perfect days in pass protection that come with a giant asterisk next to them (he did give up a pressure but the play was nullified), and he didn't have to contend with the injured James Harrison. But you can only best what is put in front of you, and he looked far more comfortable one-on-one with Brett Keisel and Lawrence Timmons, receiving his highest grade of the year by some distance. If history has taught us anything, it's that it won't last, so maybe we should all make hay while the sun shines and applaud Brown for once.
Halley's Comet, February 29th, solid offensive line play from the Cardinals. Though these events may be rare, they do, in fact, happen.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.