Updated Oct 26, 2011 - 11:53 am
Cardinals O-line did a good job against Pittsburgh
Much of it has been deserved, as Kevin Kolb has been sacked 18 times in six games and the running game, while solid, is nothing special.
However, as Pro Football Focus points out, the group had a pretty decent game Sunday against Pittsburgh, instead placing much of the blame on the team's quarterback.
The Steelers only generated pressure on 12 of 37 drop backs (though it seemed a lot more given how happy Kolb's feet were), and it resulted in two sacks, an interception, and numerous overthrows. This doesn't even include the safety he took when he decided the safest place to run from Lamarr Woodley was his own end zone.
So while it may be popular to point to the line when the QB is rolling out, it's worth noting that much of the pressure appears to be of the self-made variety.
Even more, everyone's favorite punching bag (or turnstile, if you're a defensive end) Levi Brown had himself quite the game.
It's about time someone wrote something nice about Levi Brown (+3.1). He had one of those perfect days in pass protection that come with a giant asterisk next to them (he did give up a pressure but the play was nullified), and he didn't have to contend with the injured James Harrison. But you can only best what is put in front of you, and he looked far more comfortable one-on-one with Brett Keisel and Lawrence Timmons, receiving his highest grade of the year by some distance. If history has taught us anything, it's that it won't last, so maybe we should all make hay while the sun shines and applaud Brown for once.
Halley's Comet, February 29th, solid offensive line play from the Cardinals. Though these events may be rare, they do, in fact, happen.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.