Updated Oct 26, 2011 - 11:53 am
Cardinals O-line did a good job against Pittsburgh
Much of it has been deserved, as Kevin Kolb has been sacked 18 times in six games and the running game, while solid, is nothing special.
However, as Pro Football Focus points out, the group had a pretty decent game Sunday against Pittsburgh, instead placing much of the blame on the team's quarterback.
The Steelers only generated pressure on 12 of 37 drop backs (though it seemed a lot more given how happy Kolb's feet were), and it resulted in two sacks, an interception, and numerous overthrows. This doesn't even include the safety he took when he decided the safest place to run from Lamarr Woodley was his own end zone.
So while it may be popular to point to the line when the QB is rolling out, it's worth noting that much of the pressure appears to be of the self-made variety.
Even more, everyone's favorite punching bag (or turnstile, if you're a defensive end) Levi Brown had himself quite the game.
It's about time someone wrote something nice about Levi Brown (+3.1). He had one of those perfect days in pass protection that come with a giant asterisk next to them (he did give up a pressure but the play was nullified), and he didn't have to contend with the injured James Harrison. But you can only best what is put in front of you, and he looked far more comfortable one-on-one with Brett Keisel and Lawrence Timmons, receiving his highest grade of the year by some distance. If history has taught us anything, it's that it won't last, so maybe we should all make hay while the sun shines and applaud Brown for once.
Halley's Comet, February 29th, solid offensive line play from the Cardinals. Though these events may be rare, they do, in fact, happen.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.