Updated Oct 26, 2011 - 5:09 pm
Heap's return to Charm City in jeopardy
How can you blame them? It'll be the first time that Anquan Boldin, who spent his first seven years in the league in Cardinal red, will play against his former team.
But on the other side, it'll be strange for Baltimore faithful to see former Ravens Pro Bowl tight end Todd Heap on the field at M&T Bank Stadium wearing colors other than black and purple. That is, if Heap plays.
The second-leading receiver in Ravens' history has been bothered by a hamstring injury that has kept him out of Arizona's last two games. Heap was limited in practice on Wednesday and his status is still up in the air for Sunday.
"Taking it day to day right now," Heap said. "I'm hoping that I'll be ready and one-hundred percent."
Heap also did his best to downplay his potential homecoming when he spoke with the media, but he did talk about how he felt when his exodus from Baltimore actually went down.
"It was something that obviously that hit me out of left field, and I didn't see it coming," he said. "I kind of just had to take it all in stride and anytime something like that happens, you look forward and see what's in store for you, and that's kind of what I've done and I've tried not to look back."
Even if Heap can't go on Sunday, his experience in facing the fierce Ravens' defense in practice every day for ten years has got to be valuable for a team trying to break a 5-game losing streak.
"I know what Ed [Reed] is capable of, I know what Ray [Lewis] is capable of. I know what Terrell Suggs is capable of," Heap said. "I've seen all the guys for so many years that you can still watch them and see how impressive they are, to be doing what they're doing."
The Ravens host the Cardinals at 10:00 a.m. Sunday morning.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?