Heap's return to Charm City in jeopardy
How can you blame them? It'll be the first time that Anquan Boldin, who spent his first seven years in the league in Cardinal red, will play against his former team.
But on the other side, it'll be strange for Baltimore faithful to see former Ravens Pro Bowl tight end Todd Heap on the field at M&T Bank Stadium wearing colors other than black and purple. That is, if Heap plays.
The second-leading receiver in Ravens' history has been bothered by a hamstring injury that has kept him out of Arizona's last two games. Heap was limited in practice on Wednesday and his status is still up in the air for Sunday.
"Taking it day to day right now," Heap said. "I'm hoping that I'll be ready and one-hundred percent."
Heap also did his best to downplay his potential homecoming when he spoke with the media, but he did talk about how he felt when his exodus from Baltimore actually went down.
"It was something that obviously that hit me out of left field, and I didn't see it coming," he said. "I kind of just had to take it all in stride and anytime something like that happens, you look forward and see what's in store for you, and that's kind of what I've done and I've tried not to look back."
Even if Heap can't go on Sunday, his experience in facing the fierce Ravens' defense in practice every day for ten years has got to be valuable for a team trying to break a 5-game losing streak.
"I know what Ed [Reed] is capable of, I know what Ray [Lewis] is capable of. I know what Terrell Suggs is capable of," Heap said. "I've seen all the guys for so many years that you can still watch them and see how impressive they are, to be doing what they're doing."
The Ravens host the Cardinals at 10:00 a.m. Sunday morning.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.