Updated Oct 27, 2011 - 9:31 am
Kevin Kolb says he can handle criticism
It's the constant battle between pro athletes and the media. Do you listen, watch or read the criticism that's coming your way? Most athletes claim they pay no attention to what we have to say but whether it's true or not, we may never know.
Wednesday it was Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb's turn to deny the local media any satisfaction when it came to criticism from us or the fans.
"Well I don't listen to the radio, I just talk on it every now and then." Kolb said. "So it doesn't affect me quite as much as you probably think. Again, I come from a tough place. You just gotta look at the big picture and stay focused. This group is working their tail off and we just keep adding more and more to our agenda every day trying to get it right."
Kolb did admit that this is new territory for him and he's not real fond of it. He never imagined they'd be sitting at 1-5.
"I've never been in this position before and nobody wants to be in this position. It's not really what I dreamed up in the summer time," said Kolb.
Kolb wrapped up by saying that players in the Cardinals' locker room have no problem taking responsibility for their actions and they're all still working toward the same goal.
"This locker room works their tail off," said Kolb. "Everybody has self-accountability and they know what their own weaknesses are. I don't think that's an issue at all as far as recognizing what the mistakes are and trying to work on them."
Hopefully Kolb is right, because last week against the Steelers, there were mistakes on all sides of the ball and it cost the Cardinals another game.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.