Kevin Kolb says he can handle criticism
It's the constant battle between pro athletes and the media. Do you listen, watch or read the criticism that's coming your way? Most athletes claim they pay no attention to what we have to say but whether it's true or not, we may never know.
Wednesday it was Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb's turn to deny the local media any satisfaction when it came to criticism from us or the fans.
"Well I don't listen to the radio, I just talk on it every now and then." Kolb said. "So it doesn't affect me quite as much as you probably think. Again, I come from a tough place. You just gotta look at the big picture and stay focused. This group is working their tail off and we just keep adding more and more to our agenda every day trying to get it right."
Kolb did admit that this is new territory for him and he's not real fond of it. He never imagined they'd be sitting at 1-5.
"I've never been in this position before and nobody wants to be in this position. It's not really what I dreamed up in the summer time," said Kolb.
Kolb wrapped up by saying that players in the Cardinals' locker room have no problem taking responsibility for their actions and they're all still working toward the same goal.
"This locker room works their tail off," said Kolb. "Everybody has self-accountability and they know what their own weaknesses are. I don't think that's an issue at all as far as recognizing what the mistakes are and trying to work on them."
Hopefully Kolb is right, because last week against the Steelers, there were mistakes on all sides of the ball and it cost the Cardinals another game.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.