Updated Oct 27, 2011 - 9:31 am
Kevin Kolb says he can handle criticism
It's the constant battle between pro athletes and the media. Do you listen, watch or read the criticism that's coming your way? Most athletes claim they pay no attention to what we have to say but whether it's true or not, we may never know.
Wednesday it was Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb's turn to deny the local media any satisfaction when it came to criticism from us or the fans.
"Well I don't listen to the radio, I just talk on it every now and then." Kolb said. "So it doesn't affect me quite as much as you probably think. Again, I come from a tough place. You just gotta look at the big picture and stay focused. This group is working their tail off and we just keep adding more and more to our agenda every day trying to get it right."
Kolb did admit that this is new territory for him and he's not real fond of it. He never imagined they'd be sitting at 1-5.
"I've never been in this position before and nobody wants to be in this position. It's not really what I dreamed up in the summer time," said Kolb.
Kolb wrapped up by saying that players in the Cardinals' locker room have no problem taking responsibility for their actions and they're all still working toward the same goal.
"This locker room works their tail off," said Kolb. "Everybody has self-accountability and they know what their own weaknesses are. I don't think that's an issue at all as far as recognizing what the mistakes are and trying to work on them."
Hopefully Kolb is right, because last week against the Steelers, there were mistakes on all sides of the ball and it cost the Cardinals another game.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!