Updated Oct 26, 2011 - 6:47 pm
NFL writer calls Whisenhunt 'one of the best'
It has been a difficult slide for Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt. Since the Super Bowl appearance in 2008 followed by the 10-6 season in 2009, the Cardinals have won just six of 22 games.
The joke around the Valley is that Whisenhunt has taken the place of ASU football head coach Dennis Erickson on the hot seat.
But Whisenhunt still has some supporters out there despite the worst start in his tenure with the Cardinals.
Gil Brandt, NFL.com senior analyst and former Dallas Cowboys vice president, joined Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show.
"I do think that the head coach Ken Whisenhunt is one of the best there is in the National Football League," Brandt said.
That is a pretty solid endorsement from someone who worked with legendary head coach Tom Landry for 29 seasons.
It might be a little too early to consider Whisenhunt on the hot seat. He has shown that he can be successful when given a talented group of players.
And this season's Cardinals are not the most talented bunch in the league.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?