Updated Oct 26, 2011 - 6:47 pm
NFL writer calls Whisenhunt 'one of the best'
It has been a difficult slide for Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt. Since the Super Bowl appearance in 2008 followed by the 10-6 season in 2009, the Cardinals have won just six of 22 games.
The joke around the Valley is that Whisenhunt has taken the place of ASU football head coach Dennis Erickson on the hot seat.
But Whisenhunt still has some supporters out there despite the worst start in his tenure with the Cardinals.
Gil Brandt, NFL.com senior analyst and former Dallas Cowboys vice president, joined Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show.
"I do think that the head coach Ken Whisenhunt is one of the best there is in the National Football League," Brandt said.
That is a pretty solid endorsement from someone who worked with legendary head coach Tom Landry for 29 seasons.
It might be a little too early to consider Whisenhunt on the hot seat. He has shown that he can be successful when given a talented group of players.
And this season's Cardinals are not the most talented bunch in the league.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!