Updated Oct 31, 2011 - 7:35 pm
Cardinals not going to make changes just for the sake of it
When you are 1-6, you search for answers that will solve some of the problems facing your team. Substituting in new players at the depth chart is a common place to start.
"If there is a chance to make a change that will make us better, you're darn tootin' we'll do that," Whisenhunt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show. "But you can't make a change for the sake of making a change. You don't want to put yourself in a worse position."
It has been a work in progress for the Cardinals this season and the results have been ugly. A new quarterback, a new defensive scheme and a young defensive backfield have Whisenhunt doing a lot more correcting than actual coaching.
"We have to continue to hold these guys' feet to the fire to make sure they do it right because when they do it right, we're a good football team," Whisenhunt said.
Four out of the Cardinals' six losses this season have been decided by four points or less. A sign that, despite the record, the Cardinals are headed in the right direction.
"When you have so many games that are decided by so few points, it generally means that you have a competitive team that is close," Whisenhunt said. "And if you can clean up some of your mistakes and make a couple more plays it can turn very quickly."
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.