Updated Oct 31, 2011 - 7:35 pm
Cardinals not going to make changes just for the sake of it
When you are 1-6, you search for answers that will solve some of the problems facing your team. Substituting in new players at the depth chart is a common place to start.
"If there is a chance to make a change that will make us better, you're darn tootin' we'll do that," Whisenhunt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show. "But you can't make a change for the sake of making a change. You don't want to put yourself in a worse position."
It has been a work in progress for the Cardinals this season and the results have been ugly. A new quarterback, a new defensive scheme and a young defensive backfield have Whisenhunt doing a lot more correcting than actual coaching.
"We have to continue to hold these guys' feet to the fire to make sure they do it right because when they do it right, we're a good football team," Whisenhunt said.
Four out of the Cardinals' six losses this season have been decided by four points or less. A sign that, despite the record, the Cardinals are headed in the right direction.
"When you have so many games that are decided by so few points, it generally means that you have a competitive team that is close," Whisenhunt said. "And if you can clean up some of your mistakes and make a couple more plays it can turn very quickly."
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.