Updated Oct 31, 2011 - 7:35 pm
Cardinals not going to make changes just for the sake of it
When you are 1-6, you search for answers that will solve some of the problems facing your team. Substituting in new players at the depth chart is a common place to start.
"If there is a chance to make a change that will make us better, you're darn tootin' we'll do that," Whisenhunt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show. "But you can't make a change for the sake of making a change. You don't want to put yourself in a worse position."
It has been a work in progress for the Cardinals this season and the results have been ugly. A new quarterback, a new defensive scheme and a young defensive backfield have Whisenhunt doing a lot more correcting than actual coaching.
"We have to continue to hold these guys' feet to the fire to make sure they do it right because when they do it right, we're a good football team," Whisenhunt said.
Four out of the Cardinals' six losses this season have been decided by four points or less. A sign that, despite the record, the Cardinals are headed in the right direction.
"When you have so many games that are decided by so few points, it generally means that you have a competitive team that is close," Whisenhunt said. "And if you can clean up some of your mistakes and make a couple more plays it can turn very quickly."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.