Updated Oct 31, 2011 - 12:21 pm
Changes coming to the Cardinals' O-line?
At his weekly press conference Monday, Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said change might be in order.
"I think that when you're 1-6 you've got to look at anything," the coach said. "It's hard to make a whole-sale change on the line."
Whisenhunt said the line did some things well Sunday, which won't really show up in the box score, but that the coaches will have to balance the good with the bad when debating making a change.
If a move is made it stands to reason it will come at right tackle, where Brandon Keith has been splitting time with Jeremy Bridges. And while fans may want to see Levi Brown replaced, there is no guarantee his job at left tackle is on the line (pun intended).
No matter what happens, Whisenhunt said things have to get better in pass protection.
"We gave up too many sacks, that's a problem, that's something we've got to address," he said, noting that some of them are due to QB Kevin Kolb not getting the ball out. "That's the way it goes, sometimes, that's something we've got to be better at."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!