Updated Oct 31, 2011 - 8:16 pm
Dockett: Only Cardinals are beating themselves
"At the end of the day we have a lot of football left," Dockett said. "We win one or two in a row and this whole thing will turn around but right now we're just scratching for that second win."
The Cardinals are coming off a game in which they blew a 21-point lead and lost to the Baltimore Ravens 30-27. It was their fourth loss by four points or less this season.
"When you've been playing football for so many years, I don't care if you lose by one point or 50 points, if you step on the field you expect to win," Dockett said. "Losing by one point and saying 'Oh it's okay we only lost by one point, it's a moral victory,' that's a guy that I would never want on my team."
Dockett says that he sees maximum effort from everyone in his locker room and the Cardinals are still confident heading into every game.
"We're learning, we're facing adversity in a major way," Dockett said. "We just have to find a way to get ourselves out of the slumps, we have nine games left, all winnable games."
Dockett remains confident that the Cardinals are close to becoming a winning team again.
"No team is beating us, we're actually kind of beating ourselves and our effort is at an all-time high," Dockett said.
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.