Updated Oct 31, 2011 - 8:16 pm
Dockett: Only Cardinals are beating themselves
"At the end of the day we have a lot of football left," Dockett said. "We win one or two in a row and this whole thing will turn around but right now we're just scratching for that second win."
The Cardinals are coming off a game in which they blew a 21-point lead and lost to the Baltimore Ravens 30-27. It was their fourth loss by four points or less this season.
"When you've been playing football for so many years, I don't care if you lose by one point or 50 points, if you step on the field you expect to win," Dockett said. "Losing by one point and saying 'Oh it's okay we only lost by one point, it's a moral victory,' that's a guy that I would never want on my team."
Dockett says that he sees maximum effort from everyone in his locker room and the Cardinals are still confident heading into every game.
"We're learning, we're facing adversity in a major way," Dockett said. "We just have to find a way to get ourselves out of the slumps, we have nine games left, all winnable games."
Dockett remains confident that the Cardinals are close to becoming a winning team again.
"No team is beating us, we're actually kind of beating ourselves and our effort is at an all-time high," Dockett said.
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.