Updated Oct 31, 2011 - 8:16 pm
Dockett: Only Cardinals are beating themselves
"At the end of the day we have a lot of football left," Dockett said. "We win one or two in a row and this whole thing will turn around but right now we're just scratching for that second win."
The Cardinals are coming off a game in which they blew a 21-point lead and lost to the Baltimore Ravens 30-27. It was their fourth loss by four points or less this season.
"When you've been playing football for so many years, I don't care if you lose by one point or 50 points, if you step on the field you expect to win," Dockett said. "Losing by one point and saying 'Oh it's okay we only lost by one point, it's a moral victory,' that's a guy that I would never want on my team."
Dockett says that he sees maximum effort from everyone in his locker room and the Cardinals are still confident heading into every game.
"We're learning, we're facing adversity in a major way," Dockett said. "We just have to find a way to get ourselves out of the slumps, we have nine games left, all winnable games."
Dockett remains confident that the Cardinals are close to becoming a winning team again.
"No team is beating us, we're actually kind of beating ourselves and our effort is at an all-time high," Dockett said.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.