Updated Oct 31, 2011 - 1:28 pm
Kevin Kolb suffered turf toe injury Sunday vs. Ravens
The quarterback has been sacked 24 times -- second most in the NFL -- and has been hit on countless other plays.
Sunday, in Baltimore, Kolb suffered what head coach Ken Whisenhunt described as a "turf toe" injury in the first quarter, and played with it the rest of the game. He was sacked six times in total.
"We did some things to help with the pain a little bit and just to gut it out and try to come out with the victory," Kolb said.
After the game Whisenhunt said Kolb had trouble pushing off the foot.
Turf toe is one of those injuries that can keep a player out of the lineup, or, at the very least, seriously affect one's performance.
As for Kolb's status going forward, Whisenhunt said that won't be known until later in the week.
"Those things, you just don't ever know," he said Monday. "We'll have to see how it responds to treatment.
"I know it was a little swollen, black and blue, we'll see how it responds as we progress this week."
Kolb is taking the injury day-by-day saying an injury like this is different for every position.
"I think every one of them is a little bit different," Kolb said. "Right now just try to get the swelling out and relieve the pain a little bit and as the week goes on getting more and more movement and seeing what my body allows me to do."
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Being first is an important step for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.