Updated Oct 31, 2011 - 1:28 pm
Kevin Kolb suffered turf toe injury Sunday vs. Ravens
The quarterback has been sacked 24 times -- second most in the NFL -- and has been hit on countless other plays.
Sunday, in Baltimore, Kolb suffered what head coach Ken Whisenhunt described as a "turf toe" injury in the first quarter, and played with it the rest of the game. He was sacked six times in total.
"We did some things to help with the pain a little bit and just to gut it out and try to come out with the victory," Kolb said.
After the game Whisenhunt said Kolb had trouble pushing off the foot.
Turf toe is one of those injuries that can keep a player out of the lineup, or, at the very least, seriously affect one's performance.
As for Kolb's status going forward, Whisenhunt said that won't be known until later in the week.
"Those things, you just don't ever know," he said Monday. "We'll have to see how it responds to treatment.
"I know it was a little swollen, black and blue, we'll see how it responds as we progress this week."
Kolb is taking the injury day-by-day saying an injury like this is different for every position.
"I think every one of them is a little bit different," Kolb said. "Right now just try to get the swelling out and relieve the pain a little bit and as the week goes on getting more and more movement and seeing what my body allows me to do."
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.