Updated Oct 31, 2011 - 1:28 pm
Kevin Kolb suffered turf toe injury Sunday vs. Ravens
The quarterback has been sacked 24 times -- second most in the NFL -- and has been hit on countless other plays.
Sunday, in Baltimore, Kolb suffered what head coach Ken Whisenhunt described as a "turf toe" injury in the first quarter, and played with it the rest of the game. He was sacked six times in total.
"We did some things to help with the pain a little bit and just to gut it out and try to come out with the victory," Kolb said.
After the game Whisenhunt said Kolb had trouble pushing off the foot.
Turf toe is one of those injuries that can keep a player out of the lineup, or, at the very least, seriously affect one's performance.
As for Kolb's status going forward, Whisenhunt said that won't be known until later in the week.
"Those things, you just don't ever know," he said Monday. "We'll have to see how it responds to treatment.
"I know it was a little swollen, black and blue, we'll see how it responds as we progress this week."
Kolb is taking the injury day-by-day saying an injury like this is different for every position.
"I think every one of them is a little bit different," Kolb said. "Right now just try to get the swelling out and relieve the pain a little bit and as the week goes on getting more and more movement and seeing what my body allows me to do."
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?